Bug in animal commands

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Cebero

Bug in animal commands

Post by Cebero »

When I Use`` all guard`` or or ``all stay `` animals not always listening to my commands .

Example ``all stay`` Instead of staying they still follow me .

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Bug in animal commands

Post by nightshark »

It's impossible for an animal that is attacking something to "stay". I do believe this is a bug.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

nightshark wrote:It's impossible for an animal that is attacking something to "stay". I do believe this is a bug.
this was implemented in the last year, I would check the patch notes but that might be hella leg work. One reason why they may not be following his commands however would be that he does not have enough taming/lore to give them consistently followed commands.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

nightshark wrote:It's impossible for an animal that is attacking something to "stay". I do believe this is a bug.
I think this is intended.

I think a lot of people here are thinking of "all stop" which made pets forget their commands AND what was going on around them. This was a post-UOR thing, I believe.

I think when you say "all stay" here, the pets will indeed stay. Then a half-second later, the monster that they were attacking (and was attacking them back) swings at them again and your pet fights back immediately.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Mikel123 wrote:I think when you say "all stay" here, the pets will indeed stay. Then a half-second later, the monster that they were attacking (and was attacking them back) swings at them again and your pet fights back immediately.
It's not exactly like this though. Tame a cat and attack it. Move away from it and tell it to stay. It never stays, it will keep following you. Though it's in a state of attack rather than follow, I do believe it should still stay (but remain tabbed in).
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Gotcha, OK thanks.