Archers and Auto Attack

Moderator: Support Moderators

SirLanceAlittle
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Archers and Auto Attack

Post by SirLanceAlittle »

A friend and I went out on my ship yesterday to get some experience for his archer. We went to Wyvern Point and then over to Wyvern Island. It wasn't till we got to Wyvern Isle. that I realized we had a slight problem, as he was automatically shooting arrows at anything that came within range. And this was a problem with Drakes and Dragons because they shoot back. :? He had to unequip his bow to keep from automatically shooting. I searced my Paperdoll Options as well as all Tabs in Razor and could not find anything about Auto Attack.

Is this Auto Attack a built-in feature for ranged weapons (bows & crossbows) or is there an option I missed that can be turned-off to keep an archer from automatically shooting at a creature?

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile, I will encourage my friend to create an Arm and Disarm macro.

Thanks

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Archers and Auto Attack

Post by Safir »

It's not an auto-attack, it's an auto defend. When say, a dragon gets aggro on your friend with the bow, that char auto-defends, and with a bow, he can auto-defend from a distance. Best solution would be to tab outta' war mode and unequip the bow. The mobs will still aggro even if he's without a bow though, he just won't shoot back.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

SirLanceAlittle
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirLanceAlittle »

Thank you Safir. That actually makes perfect sense. I appreciate the reply. :)

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Anytime. ;)

Return to “New Player Help”