A Notice to all citizens and criminals

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Border Patrol

A Notice to all citizens and criminals

Post by Border Patrol »

Hail citizens!

You may have seen me out patrolling various banks across the land from time to time. If you have not met me yet, I am sure you will eventually. Hopefully it is on good terms.

I would like all the good citizens to know that if you ever get stolen from or know some of some unsavory hoodlum in the area, and you just happen to see me out on patrol; by all means, let me know. For those of you that have not commited any criminal acts there is no need to be scared or afraid if I happen to approach you.
Sometimes I am just trying to gather various bits of information.

If you ever see me attacking an individual rest assured that it is a criminal and feel free to join in on the Justice being served.

For all you thieves and criminals out there....I got my eye on you. Best stay clean when I am around if you don't want any trouble.

Now that I have a forum account I will be posting pictures and perhaps even video of arrests of criminals that I subdue if I can remember to do it while in the heat of battle.

Well take care citizens...

And thieves....I WILL be watching you.

Populus

Re: A Notice to all citizens and criminals

Post by Populus »

BPD is back?

LOL
ImageImageImage
[cA]

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Populus wrote:BPD is back?

LOL
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Officer_Atraxi

Post by Officer_Atraxi »

Populus wrote:BPD is back?
Yes, sir. Thank you for your interest. We have indeed returned to the streets of Britannia.

Right now, our numbers are still low, as we have not begun actively recruiting, yet.

I'm running the show this time. Get ready for the Atraxi Era of the BPD.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I am unfamiliar with forensic eval in the T2A era. Could it be used to determine if a person is perma grey? I think this was the case on AI but I dont' know whether that was an addition added or whether it was something that was in actual UO.

What is a good template for someone who is interested in joining the police force?
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Ronk wrote:I am unfamiliar with forensic eval in the T2A era. Could it be used to determine if a person is perma grey? I think this was the case on AI but I dont' know whether that was an addition added or whether it was something that was in actual UO.
Forensic Evaluation used to be used to determine that, but they patched it out a while ago. Now, you use it to determine if a char is a thief. Once you know that, you can use other skills to determine if they are permagrey. Forensics can also be used on a corpse to see who killed the player and who's messed with the body.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Officer_Atraxi

Post by Officer_Atraxi »

Ronk wrote:What is a good template for someone who is interested in joining the police force?
The basic BPD officer uses a template that can best be described as a "modified dexxer" temp. It's your standard dexxer temp, but instead of things like resist or magery, you replace them with the required skills, Detect Hidden and Forensic Evaluation.

There are some important facts to remember about skills that many people forget. Most BPD officers are "townies", meaning they patrol the banks and towns, and rarely leave the guard zone. This makes resist and magery almost useless, except for recalling. If you want to use Tracking in your temp, it's important to remember that if your tracking sees too many characters, it will fail. Because of this, it's best to NOT GM tracking, as it will be almost useless in town. I keep mine around 30ish. This allows me to see the area around me, but won't see enough players to fail.

For a good example, check out my character on MyUOSA.

Also, for more information about the BPD, please feel free to browse our Forum!

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Atraxi wrote:
Ronk wrote:I am unfamiliar with forensic eval in the T2A era. Could it be used to determine if a person is perma grey? I think this was the case on AI but I dont' know whether that was an addition added or whether it was something that was in actual UO.
Forensic Evaluation used to be used to determine that, but they patched it out a while ago. Now, you use it to determine if a char is a thief. Once you know that, you can use other skills to determine if they are permagrey. Forensics can also be used on a corpse to see who killed the player and who's messed with the body.
What other skills do you use to detect if someone is perma grey?
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

try stealing from them and if they r perma grey it will say u fail, if they r blues it will say you need to be in the thieves guild. That ez

TC

Officer_Atraxi

Post by Officer_Atraxi »

Ronk wrote:
Atraxi wrote:
Stealing. Even with 0 skill (no stealing skill points allowed on an officer), you can determine someone's perma-grey status based on the messages you get from your stealing attempt. I don't remember the messages off the top of my head, tho.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Officer_Atraxi wrote:
Ronk wrote:
Atraxi wrote:
Stealing. Even with 0 skill (no stealing skill points allowed on an officer), you can determine someone's perma-grey status based on the messages you get from your stealing attempt. I don't remember the messages off the top of my head, tho.
You must be in the thieves guild to...

vs.

You cannot steal that... (or actually stealing it)

Supply Captain

Post by Supply Captain »

What! ppl not in thieves guild can steal from thieves? Wow, that is good to remember.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

Supply Captain wrote:What! ppl not in thieves guild can steal from thieves? Wow, that is good to remember.

Hail citizens!,

I must clear up some misinformation that has been put out in this thread before anyone tries to attempt any vigilante Justice!

Matron was wrong one one of the perma grey messages.

If a hoodlum IS perma grey you will get these two messages, "You fail to steal the item"/"You successfully steal the item"

When you get the message "You cannot steal this item" it means it is blessed or a noob item.

The system message saying "you must be in the thieves guild to steal that item" means they are not perma grey.

I felt the need to clear up any falsified information because we do not need any good citizens being guard whacked because of the wrong information.

Good day citizens.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Border Patrol wrote:
Supply Captain wrote:What! ppl not in thieves guild can steal from thieves? Wow, that is good to remember.

Hail citizens!,

I must clear up some misinformation that has been put out in this thread before anyone tries to attempt any vigilante Justice!

Matron was wrong one one of the perma grey messages.

If a hoodlum IS perma grey you will get these two messages, "You fail to steal the item"/"You successfully steal the item"

When you get the message "You cannot steal this item" it means it is blessed or a noob item.

The system message saying "you must be in the thieves guild to steal that item" means they are not perma grey.

I felt the need to clear up any falsified information because we do not need any good citizens being guard whacked because of the wrong information.

Good day citizens.
Which is exactly what I said, thanks Pied Piper.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
You must be in the thieves guild to...

vs.

You cannot steal that... (or actually stealing it)
Actually you said this ^

I am Pied Piper thank you very much, and cA's naming games and games of "claiming" to know what countries ppl are from.....get old and tireless.

Matron=Mens Rea

I can play too!!!!