Getting PKed - the nice way

Share stories and special moments with the community.
jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Getting PKed - the nice way

Post by jekkis »

I'm not sure if this is very special, but as far as I can recall something like this has never happened to me before. Not here, not on OSI either.

After a brutal struggle to gain the sufficient skill to venture further than the nearby wilderness, me and my friend embarked upon a journey to the dungeon Shame. We were both really ill-equipped, with only me having a mount to ride. Even with the mount I knew I wouldn't probably get away if things required it. We had been focusing on training our fighting skills, so recalling wasn't an option either - not that we would even have the money to buy scrolls.

I, however, had utmost confidence in my friends healing ability against what represented the most likely and biggest danger to us, scorpion poison. I knew taking down an earth elemental would be a grind, but one that we would manage together.

We headed towards Shame and on the way met another adventurer, who was very nice to us. She promised to offer us help if we ever ran across her later. The encounter boosted my sense of safety, as it reminded me that not everyone you meet is a thief or a player killer. After a while we made it to Shame, and in the darkness of the dungeon managed to find our first earth elemental to kill. We enjoyed really good success, with only a few dangerous situations fighting elementals. We even managed to deal with the scorpions and after a while, I thought it would be wise to head back to town - we both had over 1k in gold, which is the most we've had. Before we only had gathered just enough to equip ourselves with exceptional weaponry and leather armor sets.

On our way back, hoping for further skill gains I told my friend that let's kill the lone ettin that was wandering in the woods. The few minutes it delayed us proved to be the biggest mistake of our journey, considering what there was to gain from it. We were nearly done with the ettin, and all the sudden two rather shady characters riding nightmares appeared out of nowhere. The last thing I heard was one of them uttering the words Corp Por and everything went black and grey.

I was really frustrated to myself, as I had made the decision to engage the ettin. If I hadn't, we would have been long gone from the scene, and the two men would have probably ventured into Shame to find someone else. As I noticed my friends ghost, one of them said in a calm manner that the guys are pretty new, let's res them.

I couldn't believe my luck. They brought us back to life, but we were still at their mercy. Our bodies, with all the valuables and gear we had were still available to them. I was thankful enough to be ressed, so I remained still instead of rushing to my corpse. To my further surprise, the next thing I heard was In Vas Mani and after that one of them saying they won't touch our corpses. As quickly as they had appeared, they wished us good luck and disappeared. After that, we hasted to town and spent the next moments talking about how lucky we had been. Not only had us been taught an important lesson, but we managed to salvage everything we had from our adventure.

(Thank you Diogenes and whoever the other guy was with you.)

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Getting PKed - the nice way

Post by Roser »

A truly touching story.

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Damn son, killing newbies I cant wait to run into them :p

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Nice story and yes gut instinct is usually good to go by even in this game.

There are "some" cool Pks here. If you ever run into TG (Terror Guard) they will WTFPWN you and scream something like "Yes, Another Bounty" but will usually just loot regs or aids and will rez you as long as you place a bounty on them (at least in my encounters it was like that).

They are cool.

They even left my gold the times I died from them :D

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Pied Piper wrote:Nice story and yes gut instinct is usually good to go by even in this game.

There are "some" cool Pks here. If you ever run into TG (Terror Guard) they will WTFPWN you and scream something like "Yes, Another Bounty" but will usually just loot regs or aids and will rez you as long as you place a bounty on them (at least in my encounters it was like that).

They are cool.

Yeah, it was a bit weird as after the whole incident I was left in a bit of a confusion and also, to some extent I was very grateful towards them.

I don't know why the act of mercy - I assume it was solely because a lot of people these days give up so easily when something goes wrong. So if we look at a long enough timeline, they perhaps did a small part on us two staying here, which also means we'll probably run into each other in the future. And I assume next time they won't let us go easy.

Also, for someone hopping into this from the safe mmo's, the whole thing of being PKed and having a short realization all your stuff is gone, is much more educating than anything else - but in this case it didn't ruin the afternoon for us, as they didn't loot us clean. Merely gave a warning: next time be prepared.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Pied Piper wrote:Nice story and yes gut instinct is usually good to go by even in this game.

They are cool.

doubt you got pked by tg then :) " but will usually just loot regs or aids and will rez you as long as you place a bounty on them (at least in my encounters it was like that)." They dont do this Diogenes and Shallow Grave are not tg and they probably were the ones who pked you if what you claimed infact happened.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

It was Mongoose and one of the Comedians....

iamantitype

Post by iamantitype »

Diogenes is the GM of TG.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I always knew TG had a soft spot for the newbie.

iamantitype

Post by iamantitype »

Rose wrote:I always knew TG had a soft spot for the newbie.
Stop acting like you're not in TG Rose. We all know you control Panpipe, Unknown, Buttercup and various comedians.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Its true, I'm a nice guy.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Panpipe is serious business.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Panpipe is serious business.

rs1n

Post by rs1n »

The other guy was probably Shallow Grave. I've run into them before at the Ophidian Lair. All but once, I have managed to elude them. I don't have much PvP experience, but consider myself experienced enough to escape PK's most of the time. However, I have to admit that these guys are _FAST_ !!

Most of the time I hang out upstairs and they usually try to overwhelm me and surprise me by storming the steps up to the second level... until today they gated in like a thunderclap. I paniced and the energy vortex I was mid-casting had just been thrown down the steps only to realize much too late where I should have tried to place it. I met my demise before the vortex even got a chance to realize who summoned it.

They left me my mount, regs and runes (as far as I could tell, only gold was taken).

Pretty cool PKers in my book. I'll have to be more clever next time =) Hope to run into them again, but this time with a few tricks up my sleeve!

Esaule

Post by Esaule »

BAH UGH AND NOOOO!! This defeatist banter irritates me! There is no good PK. There are PK's who will REZ you and PK's who won't, but don't let that fool you, THEY ARE MURDERERS! They have made the decision to kill players who are not looking for a fight, and they most often will not stay and finish a fight they pick if it turns out they actually have a match. REDS ARE KILL ON SITE!

I would like to share a story about a hapless PK named Icon, and two blue players who did NOT rez this PK. Much like the experience that started this chain, we were minding our own business in the lair of the Ice Fiends. We of course had a bit more skills grandmastered, and we set out to teach the ice fiends a lesson. Icon and Killian thought perchance they would overwhelm the Lord Hiccup and the great Legend of "!" (Death before Dishonor) in the same manner as all cowardly PK's: running in shouting spells and hoping their blue targets will run in circles until the last Corp Por. Well, haha, not tonight! Icon died by my dragons claws tonight and was forced to resurrect herself with the loss of stats and skills.

I look forward to meeting many more in the field of battle and falling prey to my dragon's gaping maw. You can take my regs, but you can't take away my honor and valor!

This is a call to any new players who may still feel that tinge of pain when you die at the hands of PK's. If you can just stick with it, it's really a numbers game. PK's aren't that skilled and can't get you all the time. Find a spot to grind out the gold to get you up and running; the best tactic if you are not on a PvP capable char is to loot as much as you can and recall to the bank often. You will find that if you can make 4 out of 5 trips with out a PK encounter you will be moving forward. Just muscle past those first deaths you'll find you can get up to snuff in no time. If you need motivation, just do like I did and write down the names of each cowardly red that stormed in, Corp Por'd and ran out.