Era Accuracy + IBD

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Era Accuracy + IBD

Post by Stuck »

Telamon wrote:So if it's a bad idea, but ERA accurate it should not be added. But if it's not ERA accurate (Tourneys/Events/Silver Rewards) but is a good idea it should be removed? That is a very hypocritical stance Matron.
I actually agree with Telamon here. Matron, you can't have it both ways. You can't claim to be campaigning in the name of era accuracy, and when something very clearly era accurate is brought to your attention, simply say, "oh, well everyone knows this is a bad idea". Why are you an authority on the exceptions that should be made?

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Telamon wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:I for one love the idea of grandfathered blessed neon garb sporting blessed 25 vanq hally toting newbie reg using tank mages running around. Yes this sounds like a great idea.

/sarcasm.

I think everyone understands why this is a bad idea. The only reason sandro brought this up is to provoke discussion on other topics, namely grandfathered clothing. I had a new 25 vanq indes longspear on pacific that was blessed and I used it regularly. It lasted well up until the changes post UO:R (Was it AOS?) where vanq did not mean anything and the game became all about resist types. I hunted with it, I fought with it, and it still lasted that long.
So if it's a bad idea, but ERA accurate it should not be added. But if it's not ERA accurate (Tourneys/Events/Silver Rewards) but is a good idea it should be removed? That is a very hypocritical stance Matron.

I read one of your posts not 10 minutes ago where you said event gates should be removed because they are not ERA accurate.

Or is the real story here the server should be what Matron wants, all other arguments be dammed.
She doen't even play for godsakes.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Telamon wrote:So if it's a bad idea, but ERA accurate it should not be added. But if it's not ERA accurate (Tourneys/Events/Silver Rewards) but is a good idea it should be removed? That is a very hypocritical stance Matron.

I read one of your posts not 10 minutes ago where you said event gates should be removed because they are not ERA accurate.

Or is the real story here the server should be what Matron wants, all other arguments be dammed.

truth. its like a broken record here on the shard. i think however derrick and staff decide to impliment, it will be a fair game for all people who actively play. if staff misses something regarding era accuracy, they fix it. whether it be spells, items, etc. and grandfathering is the best way to go about this. they missed the item bless deed which is clearly era accurate. its on them to fix it. i cannot wait

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It all falls back to that policy v. mechanic argument (made by others). CUB was an event, albeit a quasi-accurate one, and staff has weighed in on the topic already.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3430&p=26049&hilit= ... eed#p26049

Telamon, I think you missed my point entirely. The only reason this topic is even being brought to light now is because Sandro is upset over proposed changes that have not yet been decided by staff. There is no hypocritical standpoint, this is not your server, my server, or any other players here for that matter. I can voice my opinion on any topic I see fit. Your argument of "choose one or the other" is a fallacy.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

This is all about era accuracy, like always. If it's not accurate, its inaccurate, which means it should be fixed to further suit the goals of the shard.

Clearly you of all people, can see that Matron.

Are you afraid that eventually someone may possess a blessed weapon? What about a runebook?

Maybe this affects you because any items, once blessed won't be steal-able anymore? (omg!)

Looks like this whole topic is anti-thief, maybe that has something to do with it..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Yes because I am sure blessed hally toting mages really effect thieves. You of all people, Sandro, should know that halberds cannot be stolen.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Item bless deeds will only further gimp the play-style I choose to play, even though it is era accurate. Do not add them
That's really all I got out of your post.

Was there a hidden message or something?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Last edited by Telamon on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Summer is almost over
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

son wrote:Sandro go outside, its summer.
son wrote:Summer is almost over
hahaha
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

FEFE !
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

bump

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Irritable Bowel sanDra
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Rixs

Post by Rixs »

Sandro wrote:How many times have you seen this before on these forums?

Everyone is on a serious "era-accuracy" train right now, so I'll jump aboard.

It's a pretty clear fact that item bless deeds were definitely "era-accurate", so where are they?

The goal of the shard is to strive for era accuracy so, implement item bless deeds.

How can you make an excuse as to why you leave certain items out, when its a proven fact they were available during our "time-window"
One of the great things about the early years of UO is that it was very skill based.
Item bless deeds were one of the first steps toward being item based.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

I recall blessed items would still suffer from durability loss. I remember seeing guys with blessed katanas that were so beat up they barely hit hard.

Besides, on a shard with such few peeps (comparatively) and a TON of high-end magic weaps, I doubt that IBD will change much on the field.