Era Accuracy + IBD

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Flea

Re: Era Accuracy + IBD

Post by Flea »

Bump for item bless deeds & furniture dye tubs.

And I just realized, since these were not on this shards original "item turn in event for tickets" That in fact, this server has never had a Clean up Brittania event, meaning one should happen involving the items mentioned. Because this shard has had CUB type event, but not the actual thing. HERE HERE!

Flea

Post by Flea »

Bump.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I would seriously consider going to another shard or just not playing altogehter if Item Bless Deeds were introduced.

They are the above all else #1 mistake from this Era.

I could write a laundry list of reasons on this subject and will just save myself the carpal tunnel.

Hell No on this particular item. This item is more akin to Item Insurance and Trammel than anything OSI/EA ever came up with.

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Yea, I'm not a fan of IBD. Where's the fun in that?

They would need to be like 5000 silver or something ridiculous.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Era accurate

bump
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

KublaiKhan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by KublaiKhan »

Mens Rea wrote:
Kaivan wrote:As for Item Bless Deeds, they are something we would like to add in game, but it will not be done through the silver system, nor as a simple handout for a holiday. Beyond that, we haven't decided if, how, or when they will be added in to the game.
TIME FOR TRUSTY OLD MENS REA TO INTRODUCE THE PRINCIPLE OF:

"GAME BREAKING DEVELOPMENT MISTAKE BY EA" CONCEPT

- DO NOT IMPLEMENT -

BAD IDEA.

I will leave this on the record for future reference.
I support this, it was a terrible idea. Remember They had lots of bad ideas like UOR and AOS!

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

No IBDs for me either. On the other hand, I like the clean up Brittannia idea in general. Wouldn't this help the server save times? Who doesn't want that?

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

It is really hard to cope with this whole "era accuracy surpasses all other arguments" way of thinking.

I think there is no reason to implement something if the majority of the server thinks that it was a really bad idea. We should try to be as accurate as we can, preserving the GOOD aspects of T2A, and not ALL of them from a specific timeframe.

But's that's just my opinion on the subject. Who cares about that?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

The problem with the whole " democracy" approach is that people aren't making a unbiased decision about it. They are thinking that some rich douche is gonna be the only one getting it and then hoarding it so that some other rich douche can later go on a rampage with it. It's an era accurate part of t2a but people don't want it in here because they know they aren't gonna try to get it because it's too hard.

I have mixed feelings about it but find myself a little disturbed that I get 2 chances at a new t2a and both of them cheat me out of an IBD. The first clean up brit crap that came in t2a wasn't very well advertised to noobs and a good portion of people DID not read the forums or stratics for news. The only people that had the IBD in era were people that stopped playing for the most part out of era. Any rare item worth ANYTHING big was hoarded and never seen again.

The idea of an IBD would be exciting to quite a few people due to missed opportunity from OSI. At the same time, it would probably only be owned by prodigy or sandro, so it would be the most era accurate thing to happen.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Lucien wrote: I think there is no reason to implement something if the majority of the server thinks that it was a really bad idea. We should try to be as accurate as we can, preserving the GOOD aspects of T2A, and not ALL of them from a specific timeframe.
McSchnurke wrote:No IBDs for me either. On the other hand, I like the clean up Brittannia idea in general. Wouldn't this help the server save times? Who doesn't want that?
KublaiKhan wrote:I support this, it was a terrible idea. Remember They had lots of bad ideas like UOR and AOS!
Light Shade wrote:I would seriously consider going to another shard or just not playing altogehter if Item Bless Deeds were introduced.
Looks like at least 4 people won't be around here much longer.

Bump!
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

IBD's are only a bad idea if there are to many of them.

Making 10-20 available to players is the way to go.

I propose these IBD's be made available by means of extreme and diverse difficulty. Imagine how many people would be playing and competing for that sexy IBD.

Be creative with it, if its going to happen.

Can anyone guess what Sandro wants to bless? It rhymes with tragic malberd.

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

Sandro wrote: Looks like at least 4 people won't be around here much longer.

Bump!
It's not a change that would make me quit, since I don't really care about pvp and don't have much contact with high ranked players, I just tried to say I don't see much sense on implementing it. :lol:

Flea

Post by Flea »

Era accuracy correct? Thats the goal of this shard. Without item bless deeds & furniture dye tubs its not era accurate.

I stated before, this shard has never had a clean up brittania event. Because in a real clean up Brittania event, you were able to get item bless deeds and furniture dye tubs.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Flea wrote:Era accuracy correct? Thats the goal of this shard. Without item bless deeds & furniture dye tubs its not era accurate.

I stated before, this shard has never had a clean up brittania event. Because in a real clean up Brittania event, you were able to get item bless deeds and furniture dye tubs.
If we're going to go to this level of detail regarding CUB, we must also consider the fact that even if we did have another CUB with these items made available that we still wouldn't have an actual CUB. This is because we have no idea what the algorithm for determining the ticket value was in the first place, and we won't ever know. Thus, in terms of accuracy, we could call any CUB event a total write off. Beyond that, of course, we won't be running another CUB event, so this becomes a moot point.

However, in any event, I've stated this before and I'll state it again since it seems to fall on deaf ears over and over: IBD's and furniture dye tubs are accurate, and I have expressed the desire to make them available in some fashion. However the way, quantity, and time that they may become available in is entirely up to us.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Kaivan wrote:
Flea wrote:Era accuracy correct? Thats the goal of this shard. Without item bless deeds & furniture dye tubs its not era accurate.

If we're going to go to this level of detail regarding CUB, we must also consider the fact that even if we did have another CUB with these items made available that we still wouldn't have an actual CUB. This is because we have no idea what the algorithm for determining the ticket value was in the first place, and we won't ever know. Thus, in terms of accuracy, we could call any CUB event a total write off. Beyond that, of course, we won't be running another CUB event, so this becomes a moot point.

However, in any event, I've stated this before and I'll state it again since it seems to fall on deaf ears over and over: IBD's and furniture dye tubs are accurate, and I have expressed the desire to make them available in some fashion. However the way, quantity, and time that they may become available in is entirely up to us.

+1 for Kaivan!!