Razor Hotkey problem

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Atraxi

Razor Hotkey problem

Post by Atraxi »

Razor keeps erasing my hotkeys from all of my profiles. This just started happening and it's getting real annoying.

I don't even have to log out for it to erase them. Sometimes the hotkeys will get reset while I'm playing!

Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Also, my "default" profile doesn't work anymore. This problem started at the same time that profile stopped working. It says the file is corrupt.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Razor Hotkey problem

Post by MatronDeWinter »

What you need to do, is only edit the keys or options of a profile when that is the only profile running. For instance, if you have 2 clients all using the "Atraxi" profile, and you edit one, sometimes it will save to both, sometimes it will not. Make sure you only change one when it's the only one running. Also, be sure to run razor as an administrator, otherwise it might not have access to saving to the profile file.

If one is corrupt, navigate to programfiles>razor>profiles (or your directory) and delete the effected profile. Be sure that razor is not running when you do this. You might be able to open the XML file and salvage some information from it, but it's not worth the trouble most likely if you are not familiar with XML.

RawToxic
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Razor Hotkey problem

Post by RawToxic »

Man, I so feel your pain! I have had similar issues after getting a new PC and finally got them all worked out. Try what Matron suggests.

I also right clicked on the directory where the profile files are stored (\Program Files\Ultima Online\Desktop) and played around with the permissions for users on the security tab. I think I ended up just giving users full control of everything and told the settings to propogate the settings throughout all subfolders. Now all my character settings work fine.

I also force elevation on the razor and the uo client exe file just to be sure. Now I'm not having any issues at all. (Don't know if these are really needed though but seemed to help.)

As we continue to use even newer versions of windows, things like this are only going to get worse. Go Windows UAC and whatever worthless crap comes next!
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen

Seven Elements - GM Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Mage, Musician, Tailor, Tinker
Fletch - GM Bowyer, Miner
Samuel Vane - GM Fisherman
Arsenic Annie - GM Poisoner
Grimm McCutty - PVP Hybrid