Insta rez option?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Omnicron

Insta rez option?

Post by Omnicron »

Insta rez option in the help menu but with some stat/skill loss.

Was it in era? debate!

Nefarious88

Re: Insta rez option?

Post by Nefarious88 »

i remember an option for that back in 96'

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

I remember that being in the early UO emu servers, can't remember if it was OSI but I seem to strongly remember using it on test center all of the time back in the day.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Someone explained to me recently that it was removed by T2A because it just screwed people over and caused a lot of problems (with lag and corpses)
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

This feature is actually implemented here, but disabled by default due to the confusion of the resurrection menus (If im not mistaken)

To get this feature you'll need to page in-game and ask staff to enable it for you.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

Sandro wrote:This feature is actually implemented here, but disabled by default due to the confusion of the resurrection menus (If im not mistaken)

To get this feature you'll need to page in-game and ask staff to enable it for you.
how long is the skill/stat lose?
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Permanent 10% I believe.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Sandro wrote:This feature is actually implemented here, but disabled by default due to the confusion of the resurrection menus (If im not mistaken)

I would like to have this feature implemented on my characters.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Sandro wrote:you'll need to page in-game
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Omnicron wrote:

I would like to have this feature implemented on my characters.
You die that often?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Actually if anyone remember the brief (ie 2 hour or so) appearance of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles a couple years or so ago you will remember why it was taken out.....

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

think about it. you can rez ANYWHERE you want.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Omnicron wrote:think about it. you can rez ANYWHERE you want.
Not exactly.
When you die, if insta res is enabled, you cannot move until you elect whether or not to resurrect.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Derrick wrote:
Not exactly.
When you die, if insta res is enabled, you cannot move until you elect whether or not to resurrect.
I wish memory would serve me anything at all. What if for say a trash barrel was placed where where you died?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Omnicron wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Not exactly.
I wish memory would serve me anything at all. What if for say a trash barrel was placed where where you died?
All the regular rules for resurrection apply. You cannot resurrect on top of a non-movable item.
This was an exploit at one time if memory serves me, but OSI fixed this by preventing movement if you had a insta-res menu. I don't belive there were any house break in exploits via this mechanic during the T2A era.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."