the rest of t2a houses?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
mettig

the rest of t2a houses?

Post by mettig »

ok why do we have pure black cloth , runebooks , purple warhorses amd mot the rest of the houses?

by this i mean log cabin , small sandstone , 3 room patios , mage tower( small tower) i might be forgetting a couple...

why are you being selective about what is added from t2a? , if youre saying "this came from this part of the era " and "this came from a different part of the era" where 1 item is allowed and one isnt..i really so no point in that.

i played from the day it came out of beta till just about a month at the f'n trammel patch and i consider everything up until the co owner patch all t2a .

besides weren't runebookes and the new house types introduced during the same patch?

also after readin through the forums and looking at some of the posts about sp and the ORIGINAL concept of hero / evil , some of you are either half retarded or talking out of the brown hole . Most of you have no idea what the system was or how it worked.

anyway im glad i stumbled on this server , ive spent yrs playing other games since the trammel patch trying to find one that fills the spot in my heart that osi left , nuthing really compares to how uo operates or how the community work on a uo server. I really like the fact you stopped it with t2a but at the same time why limit what t2a things are in the game, it's almost like the devs / owners of the server are tellin us they'll add what they like and were all just here for the ride.

btw this is josie wales.

iamreallysquall

Re: the rest of t2a houses?

Post by iamreallysquall »

those houses came with uor not t2a
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

platy

Post by platy »

Yea black cloth was in t2a, albiet originally from a bug/illegal means..
Those purple warhorses are nightmares which were introduced in t2a with the Lost Lands..
As for the runebooks, if I recall, they were introduced before UOR at the end of t2a.. Even if I'm wrong they are NOT blessed here anyways, and I'm sure can be prevented from being crafted at this point, but too many exist to remove i think.

mettig

Post by mettig »

iamreallysquall wrote:those houses came with uor not t2a

grrr i keep forgetting about uo:r i am corrected.

still , c'mon though the next set of houses wouldnt offset era too drastically , they follow the same rules and decor as the originals.
just as long as the new crappy custom houses arent implemented.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

mettig wrote:

still , c'mon though the next set of houses wouldnt offset era too drastically , they follow the same rules and decor as the originals.

NEA

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Pied Piper wrote:
mettig wrote:

NEA
Kaivan wrote:accuracy to the November 23, 1999 patch of T2A, excluding housing.
EA, but not something the admins care to share or make use of it would seem.
SADFACE, HOUSING THREAD RESURRECTION!!!!!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Actually, that statement was intended to point out the position that we would not be including the housing mechanics from the November 23, 1999 patch, not including extra mechanics from outside the era.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

iamreallysquall

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17612
guess a bunch of people never take the time to read this
"There's never a "final word" though (other than the obvious final words, like "no we won't add custom housing", usually players answer those types of threads sufficiently). This shard is a work in progress and new ideas pop up every day."

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Kaivan wrote:Actually, that statement was intended to point out the position that we would not be including the housing mechanics from the November 23, 1999 patch, not including extra mechanics from outside the era.
So mechanics are different for the housing types that came along well before Custom Housing?
I want none of the Custom housing, but the additional housing types were all the same functionally as the ones we currently have, if I recall correctly.

squall, yes, I have read that many times, and it would seem the hard No stance, as quoted, is specifically related to Custom Housing. Not deeded houses such as small towers, log cabins and the like.

Kaivan, if you could, I would appreciate any explaination of the variation in mechanics between the existing houses and the additional houses that came along, short of Custom Housing.

Thanks
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Nergnog

Post by Nergnog »

I actually remember my first house on GL being a log cabin, and feel that it would be a great bit of nostalgia to have them back. Besides, I feel that variety would help improve the housing situation. If nothing else, it will create a rush to redeed smalls for small towers, and will spawn a new era of house thieves because of the different ways to circumvent the unusual housing.

On the NEA bit, they may be, but the mechanics we use already are NEA, and it isn't like we are asking to build a marble palice in a mountain.

My opinions.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

BlaiseDad wrote:
Kaivan wrote:Actually, that statement was intended to point out the position that we would not be including the housing mechanics from the November 23, 1999 patch, not including extra mechanics from outside the era.
So mechanics are different for the housing types that came along well before Custom Housing?
Actually, they are. It is a self-evident fact that pre-November 23, 1999 housing rules and UOR style houses never existed at the same time, thus the housing types introduced with UOR had different mechanics.
BlaiseDad wrote:squall, yes, I have read that many times, and it would seem the hard No stance, as quoted, is specifically related to Custom Housing. Not deeded houses such as small towers, log cabins and the like.
The context of that statement is not to be taken as a specific final stance on custom housing, but as a general final stance on any obviously inaccurate suggestion. That statement could have just as well said "no we won't add stun punch" and been just as valid and general.
BlaiseDad wrote:Kaivan, if you could, I would appreciate any explaination of the variation in mechanics between the existing houses and the additional houses that came along, short of Custom Housing.

Thanks
Sure.

For all of the houses introduced before UOR, these houses went through the following general housing rules (up until AoS):
  • Pre-T2A: House owner is determined by key, no lock-downs or decay in houses.
  • T2A (98 - Nov 99): House owner is bound to character. Friends list. Limited lock downs and weight-restricted secures. No decay in houses. Locked down items can be used by anyone.
  • T2A (Nov 99 - Jan 00): Interim period between systems. Co-owner list added. Non-weight restricted secures. Vastly increased lock down and secure numbers.
  • T2A (Jan 00 - Apr 00): Decay in houses turned on.
  • UOR (Apr 00 - Aug 00): New housing types added. One house per shard per account.
  • UOR (Aug 00 - Dec 00): List of locked down items that can be used by characters is vastly restricted. Multi-leveled access for secure containers.
  • UOR (Dec 00 - Jun 02): Passable items can be locked down on/near steps.
  • UOR (Jun 02 - Feb 03): Houses condemn on inactive accounts.
  • AoS (Feb 03 - ??): Custom housing added. Private/public housing created, among other changes.
For all of the houses introduced with UOR, these are the housing rules that that they went through:
  • UOR (Apr 00 - Aug 00): New housing types added. One house per shard per account.
  • UOR (Aug 00 - Dec 00): List of locked down items that can be used by characters is vastly restricted. Multi-leveled access for secure containers.
  • UOR (Dec 00 - Jun 02): Passable items can be locked down on/near steps.
  • UOR (Jun 02 - Feb 03): Houses condemn on inactive accounts.
  • AoS (Feb 03 - ??): Custom housing added. Private/public housing created, among other changes.
Nergnog wrote:On the NEA bit, they may be, but the mechanics we use already are NEA, and it isn't like we are asking to build a marble palice in a mountain.
While I agree that our mechanics are currently not accurate, this is not a valid point for introducing further inaccuracies.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Very many thanks for the education Kaivan, I appreciate it.
I'm also of the opinion that we're well enough out of the range of era-accuracy, in regards to housing, to forego it in the name of variety and for the sake of the love of small towers.

However, I'll let it go and just hope for a day when UOSA decides to make it what the Second Age 'could have been' not what it was to the letter. :)

Thanks,
Blaise
Est Sularus oth Mithas

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Out of curiosity. Why do we have houses that condemn from inactive accounts if it was so far into the future?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

iamreallysquall

GuardianKnight wrote:Out of curiosity. Why do we have houses that condemn from inactive accounts if it was so far into the future?
clearly you are confused by the "inactive account" part lol

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

UOR (Jun 02 - Feb 03): Houses condemn on inactive accounts.

Houses condemn here after 3 months of not logging into the account, even if you have someone refresh them.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson