Concerns about the shard from a new player's perspective.

Topics related to Second Age
Errikos

Concerns about the shard from a new player's perspective.

Post by Errikos »

Okay, technically I'm not a new player, I have played on this shard a while back. However, it was for a short period of time and I never actually got anywhere.

The staff of this shard have set the goal of achieving "era accuracy". That's okay, I can respect that. Problem is, included in the shard are a number of things that the staff knows aren't era accurate such as guild chat and parts of the event system, but apparently the staff have taken the freedom to include them anyway.

What I don't understand is how the staff can decide to take those freedoms yet be vehemently against taking the freedom to fix certain legitimate problems, such as the stable system, claiming era accuracy. As a player with no foothold in the shard trying to decide what kind of character builds I want to play, the stable system deters me from using an entire range of character builds because "Oh yeah, I won't be able to stable any pet." The stable system and other things were changed for good reasons, it just happened that OSI didn't change them until after your target era.

It feels hypocritical, and it feels hypocritical in a bad way. Out of all the shards I've looked at to see if I wanted to play them, this one has the best combination of a large playerbase and all the things I'm looking for, and by far. Yet, I'm reluctant to play on or support the server because of some of the staff's decisions.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Concerns about the shard from a new player's perspective

Post by Roser »

Full stables are a perk bro.

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Last edited by Telamon on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

Telamon wrote:Most of the players on the server would simply rather you not play here, and this is just another one of the mechanism's they use as "shard terrorism"

I deleted my tamer 2 months ago, no point in having one.

Welcome to UOSA. On our right side are griefiers, on our left side are griefers. Enjoy your stay.
i'd rather play with new players than people who have been here for years and think they
run the show. ie - you apparently?

how do you know this person isn't capable of putting forth more activity than yourself?
shouldn't assume such things.

i agree it should be all or nothing. trammel events dont fit in here, trammel neon vendors dont fit in.

i never understood why it's pick and choose. i feel it's hypocritical as well, but i don't run the server.
so i'm not going to stress over it, or players who's style i don't appreciate.

the stables being full is a good thing imho, *shrug*

welcome back? hope you stay around and encourage others to join, despite what richy rich says.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Last edited by Telamon on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

Telamon wrote:Correct me if I am wrong ehafh/Hugdealer but aren't you in [ca] the guild that is behind/supports the stable stuffing?
yes, i said i supported it in the original reply.

and it's probably the work of many people from many guilds.
i see people in irc selling stable slots all the time who aren't in cA.
if it's not era accurate i encourage you to remedy the situation with patch notes proof.

i don't use the stable / mounts / tamers. so it's just comedy gold from where i stand.
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

ehafh wrote:
Telamon wrote:Correct me if I am wrong ehafh/Hugdealer but aren't you in [ca] the guild that is behind/supports the stable stuffing?
yes, i said i supported it in the original reply.

and it's probably the work of many people from many guilds.
i see people in irc selling stable slots all the time who aren't in cA.
if it's not era accurate i encourage you to remedy the situation with patch notes proof.

i don't use the stable / mounts / tamers. so it's just comedy gold from where i stand.
cA is taking stable slots why didn't i get the memo? on a serious note we had this idea months ago and didn't do it and arent responsible, then again i know the few people who are in fact responsible and started it but then again i don't care i think selling of stable slots is another good gold sink.
Telamon wrote:Most of the players on the server would simply rather you not play here, and this is just another one of the mechanism's they use as "shard terrorism"

I deleted my tamer 2 months ago, no point in having one.

Welcome to UOSA. On our right side are griefiers, on our left side are griefers. Enjoy your stay.
i have a tamer and hardly have any slots its not useless you can either
A obtain slots and protect them
B own a keep thats secure and keep your pets inside and refreshed
C tame stuff and go out and farm with it and let it die or leave it laying around when your done with it for some else to not have to go tame a fresh one

I think more of this problem stems from people (tamers) that have 100 ww's for resist training for them and there friends and huge dragon turrets for turret farming and not the people nabbing spots. why yes the people who nabbed the remaining spots initially got blamed , i don't feel its their fault i doubt they hold the majority of the stable slots i am fairly certain the people who enabled them nab the small amount remaining at each location would be the tamers with huge pet armys which i know quite a few and i will leave the names out of this. in regards to griefers i don't know your exact account age here but the situation right now is no were close to what it was years ago here in terms of both pkers and griefers. We don't want new players how so ? because we give some of them a rough time? the people who i seen rage quit as a noob are the kinda people who should play uor and t2a is not for them.
Rose wrote:Full stables are a perk bro.
^ this i second

to the original poster
era accuracy is something that's not achieved over night and this is the only server to even come some what close its not a easy thing to achieve and a lot of time is put in to it. That being said i love the staff here and what they do and they are constantly working when they have time to achieve said accuracy. On he event system i hate it hope its removed etc wont go to much into go read other posts be me how a feel about it. "stable system deters me from using an entire range of character builds because" curious how this prevents you from playing anything but a tamer and not entirely at that. I think if you put some more time in and get established you will find a sense of satisfaction and enjoy your time here if you can put some things aside like the event system and the negative it effect it has at times and look for the positive things here.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Note: Stables seem to delete overdue pets on server up. Stable your rats then and stop crying on the forums.

Telamon: "I deleted my tamer becauase I am a cry baby and rager."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I don't see what the problem is here Telamon. Keeping the stables full and charging a moderate fee for a slot is akin to hording house spots that could otherwise be placed on by newbies, and selling them for a moderate fee. Sounds hypocritical. It simply promotes another avenue of economy/trade, right?

Proteus

Post by Proteus »

I'm new here too and while I do agree there seems to be some inconsistencies, most of them are quality of life related.

Id like to see bandaids easier to make lol. That's my main gripe and if that's it then this server is gold baby.

As far as house spots: I found tons for small houses but none for larger. I'm almost positive I saw two that the L shape could fit but did t have a deed to test. There are plenty of small spots available, not far from moongates either.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

While I agree that stable hoarding is lame, both by tamers with 100+ slots and rat stablers, I still enjoy playing my tamer.

I normally never hunt with more than 3 or 4 dragons, so what I'll do, is go tame me a couple of dragons, drop them at a hunting spot, go tame another pair, hunt with all 4 (or 3 because 1 might have died when I left to tame the other 2), and just let them die when I'm done. Getting dragons is not hard here, and you should have no problem in taming 4 in a short period of time.

I do still have many stable slots occupied, mainly by frenzieds, but that's only because I will hook all my guildies and allies up with them for free when they loose theirs....and unfortunatelly, we tend to loose them more often than we'd like. :P
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

small spots exist all over the occasional unknown large spots pop up that the idoc crews didn't find and well we use to have that 1 snip on a stack band aid thing but its not era accurate. :)
and pirul soon you wont be able to friend frenzied or mare to people with out lore and tame requirements :) so you wont have that issue either :)
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

iamreallysquall wrote:small spots exist all over the occasional unknown large spots pop up that the idoc crews didn't find and well we use to have that 1 snip on a stack band aid thing but its not era accurate. :)
and pirul soon you wont be able to friend frenzied or mare to people with out lore and tame requirements :) so you wont have that issue either :)
= more stable slots open.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Threads like these are what keep them motivated to continue griefing.

Griefing is only fun when they know they are pissing other people off, and its obviously working.

This kind of stuff only occurs here because the staff take a strict "no intervention" policy + the laugh-able era accurate stance.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Evil Galad

Post by Evil Galad »

I've been having a blast in my short 2 weeks here. But the OP raises some valid points.