did T2A have bank checks?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
randale

did T2A have bank checks?

Post by randale »

I'm guessing not I said "Check (amount)" at the bank and nothing happened. Would be useful instead of needing the str to carry the gold. Also, can you have gold for a purchase drawn directly from your account (which I presume would happen automatically) when buying something of over x-amount of gold on a vendor?

iamreallysquall

Re: did T2A have bank checks?

Post by iamreallysquall »

randale wrote:I'm guessing not I said "Check (amount)" at the bank and nothing happened. Would be useful instead of needing the str to carry the gold. Also, can you have gold for a purchase drawn directly from your account (which I presume would happen automatically) when buying something of over x-amount of gold on a vendor?
yeah if your purchase from a npc vendor is over 2000 it comes out of your bank box. And yes checks did not exist in era we had them here for awhile mistakenly and they were patched out some people still have them as a rare item. People use house deeds + or - Change or vendors for large trades or trusted brokers. With house deeds you can cash in the deed which is noobed (kinda like blessed beware if you drop it on a house floor they decay at a rapid rate if not locked down) for blues by dropping it on a real estate broker and the cash gets deposited back into your bank box.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

randale

Re: did T2A have bank checks?

Post by randale »

I think the whole purpose of them was just so you didn't have to carry the physical gold around, as it would be determined by your weight limit. How much gold can a 100 str character carry? (while carrying nothing else)