Suggestion: Make a seer for consistent events.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Suggestion: Make a seer for consistent events.

Post by GuardianKnight »

I want the ability to spawn monsters on a preset character on an extra account. I would like to set something up daily to keep the shard hopping. I would plan to do something daily at most and weekly at least.

Things I need:
1. Broadcast ability
2. monster spawn
3. Guard zone off switch

Things I want limited on character.
1. I do not want the ability to spawn trophies or items of any sort.
2. I do not want any specified GM powers other than Invasion ability.
3. I do not ask for teleportation of any sort.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

TheBreadMan

Re: Suggestion: Make me a companion with these specification

Post by TheBreadMan »

I agree we neeed GK to have these things.

I was not paid for this message. (you can pay me later tho)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm not opposed to a limited Seer program similar to what OSI had. We don't however currently have the capability to do this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Lady Ivy

Post by Lady Ivy »

GuardianKnight wrote:Basically I am asking for certain powers without the threat of abuse infused into them. Not that I would abuse power, though don't want accused of such in any way.
This isn't a GK bash post, but I feel obligated to express my concern about such a request by such a person.

I believe that GK has good intentions with most things they do on UOSA, however, based on his often immature persona in IRC, I would not feel he would make a good candidate to represent the shard as anything other than a player. Though opinions may slightly vary on this, it's safe to say that our current Staff members are well respected because they know the game inside and out, are impartial and fair when enforcing rules, and one of my personal favorites, they are mature and speak with intelligence when they choose to communicate. This isn't a kiss ass post either, but we seriously do not give enough credit to the Staff for being the caring, non-cheating people they are. I can't stress enough about the intelligent and mature Staff members we have here. Derrick did an outstanding job finding competent Staff. I hope we keep it that way. With all that said, most of which is just my opinion and may or may not be factual, I think someone like GK having any type of ability other than riding his purple horse would not be a positive step forward for UOSA.

For a Seer type position in general, I think that our current player base has enough options available to them through NRA events and the occasional EA Staff hosted event(s). If we had, say double, more players I could definitely see a limited role being created for holding EA type events more often, but not much more often, than we do now. Additionally, if such a role is eventually created, I would hope they would be held to the same policy that current Staff members have about not having a player account. This goes well with keeping an honest man honest.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

tldr, mens rea for seer!

Lady Ivy

Post by Lady Ivy »

Mens Rea wrote:mens rea for seer!
i concur!

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Lady Ivy for seer!

(Except for not replying to my pm about CBD vendor)

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

GuardianKnight wrote:I want the ability to spawn monsters on a preset character on an extra account. I would like to set something up daily to keep the shard hopping. I would plan to do something daily at most and weekly at least.

Things I need:
1. Broadcast ability
2. monster spawn
3. Guard zone off switch

Things I want limited on character.
1. I do not want the ability to spawn trophies or items of any sort.
2. I do not want any specified GM powers other than Invasion ability.
3. I do not ask for teleportation of any sort.

Based on the way you have worded your post, it seems pretty clear to me that you have no idea how the administrative properties of being staff work, let alone how to use them properly. Things you are asking for have different access level requirements, such as toggling guards on/off. The access level to do such, is much higher than petty things such as being able to globally broadcast text across the world. Being able to spawn monsters means you're able to add any item you want, unless they manually go out of their way to put restrictions on everything that they don't want you accessing.

I think you should do a little research on how the command functions of UO work before making such requests, especially ones that make demands in the title..

PS: I gave away all my stuff here over a week ago, make me a developer..

Come on now..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Monster spawns aren't that hard to do...

A while back there was an event with undead monster.

On the loot of the two main bad guys I found two spawn-tiles that spawned undead spawn (liches, skeletons, etc) wherever they were. I had a lot of fun spawning undead at random places for about a week...

UNTIL SOME DASTARDLY GM DELETED THEM!!! :(

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

So I should be excluded because I don't know the commands or the access levels?

My personality in the forums/IRC is to fit in with the rest of the people. If I limited myself to acting like staff when I'm not staff....I might as well have stopped playing long long ago.

I only even respond to this because sandro/ivy is calling my character into question. The only people that usually do that are in cA or 1 + 1. They tend to usually be just trying to get a rise out of me. So I wonder.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Nowhere did I bring you character into question.

My point is that there are much more qualified people here that would fit this position, instead of the one guy who takes it upon himself to demand he be made the next new "Companion".

Your character, whether you are a scammer, a trusted broker, or anything of that sort has absolutely no bearing here. All that matters is your ability to get the job done. Lacking the proper qualifications doesn't get overlooked just because you say you are dedicated to said cause. I could care less whether or not you actually make the cut, I am simply stating facts that most every server admin takes into consideration before hiring any new crew.

If you know what you're doing, then sure, have at it. I think it's a wonderful idea. But if you don't, how many shard crashes do you think it's going to take before the entire server comes at you?

Shard crashes = reverts.
Reverts = angry players.
Angry players = forum drama.
Forum drama = cA winning.

Do we really want that now? :wink:
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Obviously I should go volunteer on IPY to blow their server up. You know what the companion program on osi did when someone didn't know what they were doing? They got us on irc and told us what to do. Sure i don't remember any of that crap other than I spent 2 hours in IRC and wasted my time to have the ability taken away when they canceled the whole thing.

Btw...who is ivy?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

GuardianKnight wrote:Obviously I should go volunteer on IPY to blow their server up. You know what the companion program on osi did when someone didn't know what they were doing? They got us on irc and told us what to do. Sure i don't remember any of that crap other than I spent 2 hours in IRC and wasted my time to have the ability taken away when they canceled the whole thing.

Btw...who is ivy?
Yeah, well OSI also had problems with corrupt staff walking into the carpenters shop and buying all the deeds off the Architect, because, you know, NPC's don't charge staff members gold to buy items.. Hand out your deeds to friends like its Halloween Candy. Take that and dupe it a couple times.. $5000 USD..

Also, if I am not mistaken, and I'm pretty sure I'm not, Lady Ivy is also effyou on forums. Notorious scammer

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Smash him Sandro

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Sandro is in the Cult of GK. Don't be fooled.