UOAM Question

Moderator: Support Moderators

PRahl

UOAM Question

Post by PRahl »

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I have what may be a newb question?

I was doing a tmap today on a remote island when all of a sudden some awesome PKs stormed me and killed my main character. I had my treasure hunter hiding a bit aways with most my gold... I stealth about 4 screens south while the PKs gate my nightmare out and finish off my dragon.

I figure I am pretty safe on my stealther since they shouldn't have any idea where he went. Strangly however they both finished what they were doing and ran directly to where I was standing and blew up an explosion to reveal me.

I believe they were using a program that tells them where I am in UOAM. It is possible that I have a setting that shares my location on in the program but I definetely didn't think I was logged onto any UOAM server.

Does UOAM auto log me on to some server that they can use to track me. Its way to much of a coincidence that they hit that remote island and then ran right on top of me 4 screens down after having to do other things....

PS
GG bill cosby et all... you guys are awesome griefers i wish you more success in the future.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: UOAM Question

Post by mrbojangles »

If you connect to the UOSA uoam server, and check some option, your position is shared. Other than that, you are safe.

What most likely happened was that they used tracking to find you.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yup, tracking most surely did the trick.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

PRahl

Post by PRahl »

it was like they were both using a auto run to location feature in UOAM though. Im gonna have to test to see if they do it again by baiting them.

We were in thick jungle and I would watch them run into brush and run back a couple spaces then go in a line towards to me till they hit something then go back a couple spaces then go in a straight line again. Looked a lot like AI to me and not people playing using tracking. The character I was on is a GM tracker I know it does not work anything like that.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

It actually works exactly like that.

They are moving up and down tiles, because they are reading the tracking message and adjusting their position appropriately.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yup, that's tracking alright. Not to mention TG uses tracking as an MO.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Return to “New Player Help”