Urk/bloodrock orcs completely inaccurate

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Do you think bloodrock orc stats should be adjusted to be more era accurate?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:03 am

Yes
45%
Don't care
24%
No
31%

Total votes: 49

random guy

Re: Urk/bloodrock orcs completely inaccurate

Post by random guy »

Dat whi Uu ummies Luuz dem panzee citeez. Uu awl wan tingz fer yeselb en nub helb ani ise elz. Uu awl Blah "Ee Wan Reeword, Gib ta ee Trofee" BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! Urk Bettur den Uu awl Kawz Urk werk tugethur en nub kayr abowt dem panzee tingz. Awl Urk ere iz Ummies whaa about nub abul ta gow ta Skaruh Bhuud Uu nub kik urk out ob der,Ensted Uu awl fye eesh udduer. HOHOHO DAT Whi URK BETTUR. En fer Uu Lizurd Keeburs..Urk gon choom dem lizurdz den eet dem en der skinz gon mayk Urk armur. NOOGGRRAAHH URK!!!

itwouldbewise

Re: Urk/bloodrock orcs completely inaccurate

Post by itwouldbewise »

Ahh the politics of T2A... just like real world politics--you simply cannot please everybody, even with the God-like power that the staff wields :). I think there has been a lot of constructive criticism in this thread, but for those who feel like griping about various aspects of the Urks / their events / staff actions:

I hope everybody appreciates the efforts made by the staff AND by players like Ronk who take the time and effort to attempt to keep things new and interesting. I think it's great that they put forth the effort of getting things like this organized, because, if you've ever tried to organize an event for a group of loosely related people with vastly different expectations regarding such an event, you would know that it's no easy task. Any negative outcomes of such an event to you personally (especially in a game like UO, where even if you lose 50k worth of stuff, it's not really THAT big of a deal if you think about it), should be considered in the light of the facts that
(1) there is certainly fun to be had in the event if you want to participate, and if you don't, you can certainly avoid the whole thing (the only people who I feel even semi-sorry for are those who had lots of things stabled in Skara Brae)... e.g. seriously, is it really so terrible to have some orcs hanging around in 1-2 out of 5-10 towns?
(2) the organizers of this event certainly did their best to make it interesting and fun
(3) these creative player interaction events add a lot to a game that essentially REQUIRES player interaction to be fun, and the fact that the environment CAN and IS being changed due to these events makes this game, and the events, more interesting (whether you find the changes lacking or not, that's really up to you)
(4) such player-run events are what I remember most fondly--on OSI and on T2A--regardless of whether I gained or lost any gold or items from it (especially when I have taken time to prepare for and participate fully in such events)... other interactions (like guild wars and what not) are fun, but they don't really stick out in my memory as something especially interesting that happened in the game.

It's certainly demotivating to put the effort into an event and then have people gripe about this or that little detail that wasn't attended to as they thought it should (although Ronk appears to have taken such gripings very well--Kudos to him)... I think constructive criticism is a good thing, and there is certainly quite a bit of that going on in this thread (I personally agree that it would be nice if the more-powerful bloodrock orcs had better loot, or if were toned down a little, but I feel like it's really not a big deal if they aren't changed, since fights I've had with the Urks are still fun even with the NPC orcs chasing me (and it adds another dimension to the fights we have))...

What I really trying to say is that if you have a beef with an event organizer's actions or staff actions, take a chill pill before posting about it, and try to present your case in a positive way, and a way that is appreciative of the effort they are making. I think they need more positive support for the efforts they put into making T2A better and more interesting experience.
Mistah T
The Pity-er of Fools