Can you make a sheep ranch?

Moderator: Support Moderators

randale

Can you make a sheep ranch?

Post by randale »

Do tamed sheep regrow their wool. Could you put a bunch of them in your house behind a locked down wall, so you can shorn them when you wish?

iamreallysquall

Re: Can you make a sheep ranch?

Post by iamreallysquall »

afk gathering of wool is not allowed but yes you can do what you are saying so long as you don't afk gather the wool. you also might want to check our department of sheep husbandry viewtopic.php?f=53&t=12935 and invest in a permit :P
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

OneEyedJack
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OneEyedJack »

A couple of other things to keep in mind when farming sheep... the only "secure" housing to store sheep in are keeps and castles. Secure is in quotes, because if a person has a rune to your courtyard or in the grassy patch within the walls of a keep, he can EQ them to death rather easily. Every other type of house is considered unsecure, and if discovered, will definitely be griefed by hiding EQ mages. Purchasing a permit from cA will keep cA off your back, but they aren't the only grifers on the shard. I find that 95% of my personal sheep farm grief was from other players. Unless cA got out of the habit of leaving their little calling card books.

That being said... Also remember to refresh your sheep at least every 20 hours. After 20 hours they will decay if you have not interacted with them. Something I chose to do was sheer them in the morning when I wake up and then again before bed (Even if they have no wool, sheer them to "interact" with them).

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

You could also just Earthquake them (ONCE!) yourself, which won't kill them, but damage also resets their 20-hour clock.

iamreallysquall

i personally forget and or don't have books on me all the time.

OneEyedJack
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OneEyedJack »

But regardless you post screen pics right?

iamreallysquall

OneEyedJack wrote:But regardless you post screen pics right?
i take pics yeah and remember the location and try my best to come back my self after the fact and drop a book or tip someone off to the location i don't always post them to be honest i got about 5 months of sheep destruction stockpiled up for cropping and uploading

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Mikel123 wrote:You could also just Earthquake them (ONCE!) yourself, which won't kill them, but damage also resets their 20-hour clock.
i prefer mass curse
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

randale

Post by randale »

OneEyedJack wrote:A couple of other things to keep in mind when farming sheep... the only "secure" housing to store sheep in are keeps and castles. Secure is in quotes, because if a person has a rune to your courtyard or in the grassy patch within the walls of a keep, he can EQ them to death rather easily.
I would think that a house WITHOUT a courtyard or grassy patch (as castles have) would be more secure, because you can't mark runes in houses, right?

Every other type of house is considered unsecure, and if discovered, will definitely be griefed by hiding EQ mages. Purchasing a permit from cA will keep cA off your back, but they aren't the only grifers on the shard. I find that 95% of my personal sheep farm grief was from other players. Unless cA got out of the habit of leaving their little calling card books.
Guess I'm missing something, because I thought a person can't see or cast spells into your house, unless they're actually in it, they'll get "You can't see that"
That being said... Also remember to refresh your sheep at least every 20 hours. After 20 hours they will decay if you have not interacted with them. Something I chose to do was sheer them in the morning when I wake up and then again before bed (Even if they have no wool, sheer them to "interact" with them).
Decay even if they are alive? I know they go wild if you tame them or haven't interacted with them, but they would still be alive and regrow their wool, wouldn't they?

OneEyedJack
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OneEyedJack »

They regrow when untame yes... but after 20 hours with no interaction they disappear.

randale

Post by randale »

If I'm going to do this I should also get a clock in my house, how much real world time passes in one Sosaria day? They regrow their wool every 24 hours in it.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

randale wrote:I would think that a house WITHOUT a courtyard or grassy patch (as castles have) would be more secure, because you can't mark runes in houses, right?

Guess I'm missing something, because I thought a person can't see or cast spells into your house, unless they're actually in it, they'll get "You can't see that"
Earthquake is an area effect spell that stretches 7 or 8 tiles* from the caster. Three or four earthquakes cast by someone standing against the wall of your house will kill your sheep. Only a secure castle or keep offers safe spaces that are more than 7 or 8 tiles* from the external walls.

Having said that, I've run sheep farms in remote smalls that don't get euthanised for weeks on end, so it can still be plently profitable even with the risk of someone killing them eventually.

*Can anyone clarify whether it is 7 or 8? I know it's one or the other. Ta.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Its 8 tiles for earthquake, in all directions from the caster
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

greetings citizen, i think you will find this post relevant and full of information:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=12935

with a permit you will rest easier.

till next time friend!
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers