Walk Across Britannia: UOSA Fourth Anniversary Event (12/17)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Walk Across Britannia: UOSA Fourth Anniversary Event (12/17)

Post by Blaise »

Shard Anniversary is on 12/14, but the event will start taking place (with me involved) on Saturday, 12/17 around Noon EST.

This year, in celebration of the years of commitment to this shard by it's players and staff, I plan to organize the Walk Across Britannia, previously polled about here:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=30970

I had some addtional thoughts regarding how it could work out really well, and fun for all regardless of timing.
I'm thinking the event can take place on the weekend following December 14th (shard birthday), and continue all weekend.
How is this possible you ask? Coordination, commitment and good solid planning and participation.

The idea as it has grown now, is this. Everyone intersted in participating will muster in Ascalon, at the castle (north of Minoc, until you find the only castle with a road going to the front door up there) at the decided kick-off time. Anyone who shows up AFTER the original gathering has departed, will/can/should await further participants, or return travellers from the first group.
Groups should not follow along the road until they have sufficient numbers (in the order of about 5-10 per group).
Rally points will be defined on a map image, to be posted in the repsective thread for the event. Commitments to man these rally points and provide services and provisions will be greatly appreciated by all involved.

Rally points will serve the purpose of, obviously, rallying groups, but as way points for people to gate/recall to and wait for the next group. Of course, PKs can do this to, so be ready to face the dangers of Britannia if you join in.

What we will end up with is multiple groups of various sizes, that can meet up and share a drink or a song at a rally point and move on to the next town/rally point.
As I said before, any guilds interested in making sure their town is planned into the route, should contact me to let me know.
Honestly, if anyone is skilled at making a good map (ie: image editing so that it looks better than what I can do in MS Paint) I would appreciate the assistance if you can step up to that challenge.

We have the ideas for Rune Books of the Rally Points in all prominent Rune Libraries. It would be excellent to have men and women of Order guilds guarding the rally points from would-be attackers, providing they aren't already providing guard to the mobile groups.

This will make it better for timing, because people can join any time, ping on IRC for the next rally point their friends will be at, or whatever. Groups willb e bumping into each other along the way and I'm nearly certain a good time will be had by all.

Lend a hand and invite others to the event if they don't come here or have no idea what it is. Offer them guidance and encourage them to the party in honor of UOSA!

Etc etc, I need to make a list of Guild Towns and their proximities to Guard Towns, and draw up a rough draft of the intended path.
Someone jump on board and help me flesh out these ideas. We can rock this all weekend with roaming parties along the path.
Oooo, I got it too, a log book so players can sign their name in a book at each rally point. In the end, we can see who was involved and who made the whole trip, to Trinsic and back, looping through every town possible. :)
Can't make every leg tonight? Find the next group and make it up tomorrow!
A no rush, no static-time event, will make it slightly more difficult to grief, but we must be prepared for that in any case. :)

Just wanted to get that out there and get feedback and ideas from the shard.
Bring it! :)
Last edited by Blaise on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Walk Across Britannia: UOSA Fourth Anniversary Dec 14th

Post by Blaise »

Here is the course I have plotted so far. I would like feedback from guilds who wish to host a Rally Point in their town. I will update the plotted course to include you if you plan to participate.
http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... =WABv1.jpg
Est Sularus oth Mithas

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Cool map and I will walk with you Blaise!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Nergnog

Post by Nergnog »

What if we reds? I wanna walks too.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Murderers are welcome, but be forewarned, any aggression towards the innocent travellers will likely result in death. :)
For the duration of the event, a temporary truce between Ascalon and the Bloodrock Urks will be acceptable.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

This looks like a great adventure. i think i'll make the trip a couple times for each of my characters i'm satisfied with.

Have you checked with UWL to see if they would like their town expo'd? you could add them to the trail up from Trinsic.

OneEyedJack
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OneEyedJack »

I spoke to Blaise briefly about this when he first made this post. Some details we should probably hammer out still. PM me if you want to throw us in there =)

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

That sounds sweet. I'll definitely route through Shadowmire.
I'll edit the map soon and work that in there. :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

UOSA Museum cough cough
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Still never been. Perhaps I'll take a trip tomorrow.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Acotyllo

Post by Acotyllo »

Is this event still going to happened? Has the map been updated to reflect the historical and current player towns and any other areas of interest?

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

From what I can tell, I will be able to have mostly all of the day on Saturday to keep this thing rolling. I will do my best this week to update the map to include player towns.
I haven't gotten word from WL and a few other guilds with larger towns, so they're currently not on the route.
I'm thinking I may alter the course to go through New Windmere/Vesper AFTER Britain and just cut across the north to Yew straight out.
This will leave ample opportunity to stop by the museum, etc etc.

I would really love the help of someone more familiar with player towns and their locations so we can build a better map.

One leg of the journey will bring us through the dark lands of Ravenfell and Shadowmire.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Here are the updated course maps for the event. Rally points are white dots with blue circles. I've made two different maps out of consideration for the conically challenged.

I would appreciate any confirmation of availability to represent your town(s) between the hours of 12:00 Noon to 12:00 Midnight, EST, this Saturday. I don't know how many tours I will make, or survive, but I will be rallying the first group in Ascalon come 9AM my time (12:00 Noon server time/EST).

If anyone would care to make preliminary runs starting on the 14th and going beyond, I would appreciate any feedback for additions/changes to the course map BEFORE friday.

I will be opening a #WalkAcrossBritannia room starting Friday in IRC, to coordinate with anyone interested and keep people apprised of the current groups whereabouts (if they would like to rally up).

Thanks for all the input so far folks. I'm getting excited and afraid of the potential for catastrophic failure and death all around. Hopefully enough powers of Good get involved and keep things safe for those less inclined to fight. :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Just let me know when you get close to UOH / Turtle Bay.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I was thinking it might be fun to stop by the duelling arena for a few rounds if the party is interested. :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas