Greetings, I'm new here

Moderator: Support Moderators

Mulahey

Greetings, I'm new here

Post by Mulahey »

Hey all, :)

I'm new here, only been playing for about two weeks now. I've never played UO before, only heard and read about it. I'm an old gamer and it is only now after I started playing that I realised how much I've been missing out. I'm really looking forward to have some fun here.

I'm still trying to get the grasp of all the important stuff I need to play properly, I tried to read all the guides I could find here on forums, absorbing all neccessary knowledge to get me started. I've spent some time in-game as well, developed my char, even made some friends. Still, I have some questions I hope someone could answer for me.

1. Is there a NPC way of getting all my armor repaired, or do I have to do it via another char (smithy) of mine? (or another player who's a smithy)

2. "The count" that PKs often refer to - is it the bounty I have an option to put on his head after he kills me?

3. Subsequently, if I choose not to put my hard earned cash on his head, does "the count" not go up then?

4. Do player guilds accept new blood - total noobs as well, or would it be wiser to develop my char at least a bit before attempting to join a player guild for the sake of avoiding dying a lot?

5. I'm familiar with UO commands, but how the hell can I talk to NPC guild member (warrior's guild in Brit), who keeps telling me I "should come closer, so he may talk to me", or something to that effect? I have recovered some weathermaps on a quest he gave me earlier and got paid for them as well, but I have no idea how to talk to him.

I have no more questions for now, maybe later, or I will ask via IRC.

Anyhow, I hope to learn not to take dying so seriously, I hope I will continue to meet even more "nice" PKs who res me after they kill me and actually give me my stuff back (LOL :lol: ), and last but not least, I hope I will have some serious fun here. :)

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

Meradin

Re: Greetings, I'm new here

Post by Meradin »

Mulahey wrote:Hey all, :)

I'm new here, only been playing for about two weeks now. I've never played UO before, only heard and read about it. I'm an old gamer and it is only now after I started playing that I realised how much I've been missing out. I'm really looking forward to have some fun here.

I'm still trying to get the grasp of all the important stuff I need to play properly, I tried to read all the guides I could find here on forums, absorbing all neccessary knowledge to get me started. I've spent some time in-game as well, developed my char, even made some friends. Still, I have some questions I hope someone could answer for me.

1. Is there a NPC way of getting all my armor repaired, or do I have to do it via another char (smithy) of mine? (or another player who's a smithy)

You must use another char to do it or, a trustable person with a smith.

2. "The count" that PKs often refer to - is it the bounty I have an option to put on his head after he kills me?

No, everytime you kill a person you get 1 murder count. i havent yet read up on the way long term and short term, or perma red works here. after you go red then blue, then red 5 times over you are perma red.

3. Subsequently, if I choose not to put my hard earned cash on his head, does "the count" not go up then? If you put your money on there head when it gets high enough they will prolly just kill them selfs and turn there own head in.

4. Do player guilds accept new blood - total noobs as well, or would it be wiser to develop my char at least a bit before attempting to join a player guild for the sake of avoiding dying a lot?

Look in the guild's forum, look at each guild see which one you like apply, simple as that.

5. I'm familiar with UO commands, but how the hell can I talk to NPC guild member (warrior's guild in Brit), who keeps telling me I "should come closer, so he may talk to me", or something to that effect? I have recovered some weathermaps on a quest he gave me earlier and got paid for them as well, but I have no idea how to talk to him.

haha i dont even know what your doing someone else will have to help you. id suggest ditching that effort and concentrate on your char.

I have no more questions for now, maybe later, or I will ask via IRC.

Anyhow, I hope to learn not to take dying so seriously, I hope I will continue to meet even more "nice" PKs who res me after they kill me and actually give me my stuff back (LOL :lol: ), and last but not least, I hope I will have some serious fun here. :)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Mulahey wrote:1. Is there a NPC way of getting all my armor repaired, or do I have to do it via another char (smithy) of mine? (or another player who's a smithy)
No, need a player smith to do it.
Mulahey wrote:2. "The count" that PKs often refer to - is it the bounty I have an option to put on his head after he kills me?

Not necesarily a "bounty" as long as you click yes, even if you put a 0 gold bounty on his head, he will be reported for the murder, and will receive a "murder count"
Mulahey wrote:3. Subsequently, if I choose not to put my hard earned cash on his head, does "the count" not go up then?
You can count with 0 gold.
Mulahey wrote:4. Do player guilds accept new blood - total noobs as well, or would it be wiser to develop my char at least a bit before attempting to join a player guild for the sake of avoiding dying a lot?
Some do. I recomend you jump into channels #DG and #C^V on IRC.
Mulahey wrote:5. I'm familiar with UO commands, but how the hell can I talk to NPC guild member (warrior's guild in Brit), who keeps telling me I "should come closer, so he may talk to me", or something to that effect? I have recovered some weathermaps on a quest he gave me earlier and got paid for them as well, but I have no idea how to talk to him.
I am not sure that particular quest is completely done. I have been stuck at it for spme time, and eventually just gave up on it. Interactions with NPC's are pretty straight forward.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Lagrath

Post by Lagrath »

Welcome to the server!

If interested in joining an evil, undead roleplaying guild (we have special events and our own undead town), please see my sig below.

See ya around!

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

Pirul - thanks!

Lagrath - sounds great, but Im yet to decide which guild will better suit my noobness. Thanks a lot guys, both of you! :)

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

Return to “New Player Help”