Dire Conquest (DC) Today! Oct 22/11

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Dire Conquest (DC) Today! Oct 22/11

Post by Roser »

All hail and welcome to Dire Conquest....

This is a PvP type event comprised of three players across four teams, Valorite, Verite, Bronze and Gold. The four teams will be pit against each other in an unforgiving castle arena as they struggle to achieve a courageous goal and annihilate all enemies.

In addition to this being a four way Deathmatch, players must slay four White Wyrm's to collect four special "Talismans". Be warned that White Wyrms are very dangerous in tight spaces.

Getting Started...

An announcement will go out across the forum, IRC and in game, that Dire Conquest sign-ups are open. To sign up, players are asked to come to a town tavern as a ghost to prepare to enter the event arena. The town tavern will be randomly selected before each game.

Currently the game is setup to accommodate twelve (12) players total. Signups will be on a first come first serve basis.

It is Very Important to note that you need gold in the bank on the character you intend to use. Supplies are bought from vendors. Minimum Five thousand gold is recommended.

From the tavern Ghosts will move to the staging area in the event arena. The staging area is where players will be initially resurrected, added to the DC guild, and asked to choose a team.

It is up to the players discretion to choose what team they will be on, thus is it advised to attend this game with friends. If players are having trouble forming teams, then the host will step in to assist.

Supplies

When teams are formed, players will move to their spawn points, stock up, and wait for the countdown to game start. Players will find basic items on the vendors such as regs, armour, and weapons. In your teams item chest you will find free items such as a Red Keg, bottles, fish steaks, ammo, extra halberds, pouches, and bandages.

Protect your loot.
Items are provided at non profit prices.

Resurrection and Ghost etiquette...

It is important that you consider resurrecting team mates when they die, those who do this well will have greater chances of winning. If an entire team dies and no one is capable of resurrection then all ghosts may stand at their team spawn-point, in war mode, and be granted a resurrection to one of the team mates.

It is illegal to res-kill at this time and this time only.

It is Very Important to know how to navigate the arena as a ghost. There are a lot of footstool built ramps in this arena and you must know how to use them as a ghost.

When you walk up a ramp as a ghost, your client will show that you walk though the ramp and not up it, this is a visual error, you are actually walking up the ramp but cannot see it. To fix this, simply stand on the ramp and Re-Synchronize your client using a Re-Sync hot key found in the Razor hot keys tab.

Talismans...

Collecting all Talismans and placing them in their proper spots atop the castle will advance the game forward. At this point, the game host/referee will stop Resurrecting dead players and the last team alive will be declared the winner.

As you can see, Talismans are made up of colored ore round shields. When a Talisman is put in it's proper place, the game host will lock it down so it cannot be moved again. Player's have been known to hide the last Talisman and place it at an opportune time.

Rules...

* All players must be guilded to the Dire Conquest (DC) guild with the title displayed.
* Do not Res-Kill after a dead team has been granted a resurrection.
* Teleporting outside of the arena is forbidden.
* Taming White Wyrms is forbidden.
* Do not buy supplies inside of enemy spawn-points.
* All players must wear team colors at all times. Dye tubs are provided at spawn-points.
* You must have gold in the bank on the character you are using.

The penalty for breaking a rule is thirty seconds of aggression from a vile "Dire Guard"

Prizes...

TBA...
Last edited by Roser on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Dire Conquest (DC)

Post by xevec »

Rose what time/days will this event be run on?
Also the trial was very fun, I look forward to participating in more.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

It will be run randomly when I have time. Most likely games will be in the evenings at around 9pm server time.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

The first official Dire Conquest (DC) game will be held tonight at approximately 9PM server time.

To find out what the server time is, simply say !time in any IRC chat room that the secondage bot is in.
Last edited by Roser on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zeppelin »

Can't wait.

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

Can we get a real life time on these events? Central, eastern, etc.? Some of us are stupid and can't figure out in game times. Planning on showing up tonight for the event! *bump*

I'm going to guess that the server is on eastern time? Half hour away???
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zeppelin »

!time on IRC gives you server time.
server time is EST.

So apparently in 10 mins it starts.

Rose get on irc?

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

Was Teh Awesome Event.

Thanks Rose.

With a lil planning, peeps could at least get a team <3 peeps> up. It was tough going 2-3-3 most of the time. Having a teammate drop off at the start, then having a stealther assigned to team.. Hea !

I think "bringing your own boyz" would help that a lot. Regardless of make-up, having all 3 team members on the same page..

I think I may do a lil better then 2nd time. I'm no expert on Castles. It was a learning curve getting used to the steps, stairways, blocked-off areas, etc of this particular "zone" . First time the Start was given, I was still assigning arm macros for my new 50gp Hally ;)
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

Awesome event. Went really well once things got going. Thanks for hosting Rose. And thanks for losing, other players.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Thanks to all for playing and congrats to the Bronze team for winning!

We had a slow start waiting for the required amount of people to show up, but once that was out of the way, things got rolling along nicely.

Here are some screen shots of tonight's action...

Battle for the high ground

White Wyrm roasting an ogre

The ole bait and switch.... and EV

White Wyrm having Geurrilla for lunch

See you at the next game!

Meradin

Post by Meradin »

OMG! you got a pic of me e-fielding them on the top there! im the blonde running around lol! i fielded them but got traped there my self, almost died but Snake and Ogre saved me! for teh Win! woot!

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zeppelin »

Meradin wrote:OMG! you got a pic of me e-fielding them on the top there! im the blonde running around lol! i fielded them but got traped there my self, almost died but Snake and Ogre saved me! for teh Win! woot!
[g everyone FS Mera'Din!

GG all, was f--king amazingly fun.

Sorry for getting you killed, Rose/Peace and sorry to everyone, for delaying the start of the game!

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Looks cool
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

respect for all the good work rose. the event looks very good and i love how u planed and placed the stairs/add ons :]
keep posting pics n news here.
pce nerdo
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Game #2 will be held tonight at about 9pm server time.

Keep an eye out for announcements!