Macroing "guards" in town

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Pirul

Re: Macroing "guards" in town

Post by Pirul »

Couple of pointers:

- Layt's macro is what you want if you MUST afk macro in town.
- As others have said, no amount of "guards" spam will keep you alive from a determined town pk/pot bomber.
- Casting explo and jumping the gate will not be very effective since magery does no damage in town. You'd need to do it 100+ times in a matter of seconds (for reference see: bazookas), BUT there are other ways other than pot bombing.
- People, there are several offers for new player housing making afk town macroing COMPLETELY innecessary. (If you're a new player and need a house to macro in, PM me or anyone else who has new player housing)
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

I am telling you Layt try your macro in game and see what happens.

As soon as it gets to the Wait for Target the second time it will timeout and not restart for 30 seconds. Removing that Wait for target with a pause will accomplish what you want.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Nergnog

Post by Nergnog »

Ummmm, no. He has a loop for ten time with a one second pause in the loop. So the macro checks the conditions in the loop ten times and waits one second ten times. So he could say guards as many as 10 times in 10 seconds. His code is condensing your original. Rather than have ten IF statements, he makes one and has it check it ten times, once a second. You new six line macro does the same thing, but is halfway useless. Sure, taking the wait for target out and replacing it with a pause is nice, and you will say guards once a second if damaged, but you can only use anatomy once every ten seconds. So it will call anat once a second also, and be quite annoying and more work for the computer overall.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Okay i will admit, I was reading his macro wrong.

I was reading it as it would do the top part 10 times and the bottom part once.

Either way at the end of the day any of the macros will work, imo :)
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Layt

Post by Layt »

Kelektra wrote:Either way at the end of the day any of the macros will work, imo :)
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

It really is just best to not ever think you're safe, EVER. Sure, the "ninja guard" macro will stop some townkillers, but for those of us that have made a hobby out of it.. It just eggs us on and makes us more determined to kill you.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Vhyx wrote:It really is just best to not ever think you're safe, EVER. Sure, the "ninja guard" macro will stop some townkillers, but for those of us that have made a hobby out of it.. It just eggs us on and makes us more determined to kill you.
lol next he will tell him to dress in noob cloths and dye it bright lol
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Luke

Post by Luke »

I bet there are a couple better ways to write the macro still... in terms of accomplishing said goal. By the way, most "professionals" I meet are way below the ability they should be at to compete because they simply paid for a degree and stuck it out regardless of intelligence or talent.

Sometimes I end up handing tech professionals their behind like they hadn't the first clue. Not fun when you are paying them to be more knowledgeable. So, programmer, don't come off cocky because I bet some layman knows your business better than you. In fact, there are other things you can add to this macro that will make it more effective but of course never perfect. I'd rather the AFK player get put down anyway. If you want to safely macro get inside a castle. Even then...

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

You can hide in a different town to macro in.. but..

[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

randale

Post by randale »

DId they ever nerf townkilling ever after T2A? Not that it will happen here, just wondering. I thought the whole reasons for the guards are so you could be safe in town.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Yeah, it was called UO:R and trammel.

Guards work as intended. If someone calls them, they'll arrive. Simple.

Being in town is mostly safe. I have no sympathy for the folks I've town killed, that were in attendance, that didn't even have a guard macro hot keyed. Same goes for the afk-macroers that didn't even make the attempt to add a layer of security by having "guards" in their macro.

At places like the banks, where "guard" spamming is not allowed, I find killing people to be a fun kind of challenge. Never know if witnesses are going to laugh and watch, call guards, or attack.

Anyway, I'm just going to reiterate that it's just not a good idea to ever assume it is safe to afk-macro in town. A determined town killer WILL get you, no matter how fancy your macro is.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

randale

Post by randale »

Vhyx wrote:Yeah, it was called UO:R and trammel.

Guards work as intended. If someone calls them, they'll arrive. Simple.

Being in town is mostly safe. I have no sympathy for the folks I've town killed, that were in attendance, that didn't even have a guard macro hot keyed. Same goes for the afk-macroers that didn't even make the attempt to add a layer of security by having "guards" in their macro.

At places like the banks, where "guard" spamming is not allowed, I find killing people to be a fun kind of challenge. Never know if witnesses are going to laugh and watch, call guards, or attack.

Anyway, I'm just going to reiterate that it's just not a good idea to ever assume it is safe to afk-macro in town. A determined town killer WILL get you, no matter how fancy your macro is.
Heh, you sure about that? Could they hack it somehow to do something that's not supposed to happen to protect themselves? Would 2 potions kill someone thrown from a gate? If not, they could have the macro recall them to another town to continue the macro, heal themselves, and continue it.

Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

I've never been PK'd macroing in town.... just find an out of the way place. Been a while since I've built up any chars on here but there are plenty of places nobody ever goes. A lot of the time I'll be watching tele or playing other accounts so I periodically check the screen/journal and never saw any activity.