poison field

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

poison field

Post by malice-tg »

poison field used to have a 2 tile wide hit range along its entire length

this also would mean that
1) you could target a dungeon wall and psn mobiles on both sides of the wall
2) target the wall of a player house and hit mobiles on either side of the wall.

I used the situation 1 in era to kill balrons by targeting the wall with a psn field to psn the mob safely.

I used situation 2 mostly in post era to psn people inside pvp houses in moonglow and other spots since psn blocked heal.

Thank you.

Greywolf

Re: poison field

Post by Greywolf »

I actually remember this. Standing one tile on either side of the field used to poison me.
Greywolf
Pacific Shard 1997-1999
Guild Leader - The Drunken Bastards of Britannia

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: poison field

Post by Kaivan »

This is only partially true.

When a creature of some sort walks within 0 tiles of a poison field tile (walks on to it), that poison field tile will trigger the poison effect on the creature that walked on to that specific tile. Then, a 1 second delayed trigger is set which checks to see if any creatures are within 1 tile of that specific tile. If there are creatures within that distance, the script triggers the poison effect on those creatures, and performs the poison check again for that tile.

This has the result of causing poison fields to be effective in only two cases: when the field is first cast (the same delayed check is done 0.25 seconds after the poison field is laid down), or when a creature walks directly on to the poison field.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org