obscene language

Moderator: Support Moderators

podsosnoi

obscene language

Post by podsosnoi »

Do you have any jail, ban or other system of punishment for obscene language?

Here is screen below...
Attachments
What a nice words from him
What a nice words from him

Dro'Sakhar

Re: obscene language

Post by Dro'Sakhar »

Not sure on the Jail/ban/punishment for "offensive language", but there is a filter in the options panel. Not sure it works, as I've never been offended by anything anyone says in-game (I just lol and shrug it off... or anger the other person even more by being super nice), but it might be worth a try if what others say in-game is bothering you.

Good luck!

podsosnoi

Post by podsosnoi »

No it's not bothering. But when you see a person for the first time. Tried to PvP with him, it's very strange to see smth like that. He killed you, looted you, and then saying smth like this. May be here on the forum I can talk that nice as well?

Sheer Luck

Post by Sheer Luck »

podsosnoi wrote:No it's not bothering. But when you see a person for the first time. Tried to PvP with him, it's very strange to see smth like that. He killed you, looted you, and then saying smth like this. May be here on the forum I can talk that nice as well?

In-game most anything goes. UO is Rated PG-13, so you get racism, hate speak, creative expletives, and rampant homophobia. Enjoy.

Forums are indexed by Yahoo and Google, and effort is taken to keep a family level rating here.

IRC is moderated at-will, so in there you can pretty much get banned for well, anything "not nice".

Oh, and you look like you are crying. Don't do that. There is no crying in UO.
You see: a character crafted by Sheer Luck

[23:55]<Soma> I know very well of Abbott's ways
[23:56]<Soma> He may be a pedophile, but he's a damn good smith

podsosnoi

Post by podsosnoi »

Nope, I'm not crying ) I don't understand such anger from person I see for the first time... For me it's the same like if i was crossing the street and that guy was going my way, and I'll hook him in to the face saying smth like "Hey, b**ch. Never cross this f***n' street when I am crossing it!" And he is lying on the floor with his face covered with blood, completely miss understanding what has just happened. =)

It was fair pvp, nothing more to behave like this! =)

And BTW I've been playing UO (OSI 98 like servers) for 11 years, and I know what is to die in pvp. Nothing good, but either nothing to cry for.

Return to “New Player Help”