Accuracy of poison notification

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Luke

Accuracy of poison notification

Post by Luke »

Am I remembering incorrectly or does the current notification for being poisoned switch the places of nauseous and disoriented? I remember it being "nauseous and disoriented" but the current message is "disoriented and nauseous". Have I lost my mind? Does anyone else remember?

Faust

Re: Accuracy of poison notification

Post by Faust »

Well let's take a look at the original code... the case for the switch/select statement would be 0x02.

Code: Select all

void Q5JB(object victim, integer strength)
{
  Q4FG = getCurHP(victim);
  switch(strength)
  {
  case 0x01:
    actionBark(victim, 0x21, "* You feel a bit nauseous... *", "* " + getName(victim) + " looks ill. *");
    Q42Y = Q4FG / 0x14;
    break;
  case 0x02:
    actionBark(victim, 0x21, "* You feel disoriented and nauseous! *", "* " + getName(victim) + " looks extremely ill. *");
    Q42Y = Q4FG / 0x0F;
    Q4R0 = 0x0A;
    break;
  case 0x03:
    actionBark(victim, 0x21, "* You begin to feel pain throughout your body! *", "* " + getName(victim) + " stumbles around in confusion and pain. *");
    Q42Y = Q4FG / 0x08;
    Q4R0 = 0x0A;
    break;
  case 0x04:
    actionBark(victim, 0x21, "* You feel extremely weak and are in severe pain! *", "* " + getName(victim) + " is wracked with extreme pain. *");
    Q42Y = Q4FG / 0x04;
    Q4R0 = 0x05;
    break;
  case 0x05:
    actionBark(victim, 0x21, "* You are in extreme pain, and require immediate aid! *", "* " + getName(victim) + " begins to spasm uncontrollably. *");
    Q42Y = Q4FG / 0x02;
    Q4R0 = 0x05;
    break;
  }
  return();
}

Luke

Post by Luke »

Well I don't trust anything regarding UOSA to be "original" so I thought I would bring it up. I found both versions on internet searches (though the majority was as you say). Thanks.

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

glad this game breaking issue was settled