Whats happening to the fckin razor or client?

Moderator: Support Moderators

podsosnoi

Whats happening to the fckin razor or client?

Post by podsosnoi »

I was playing 2 windows. Was fightin some mobs in the wild, got lots of money in my backpack, then suddenly it became lagging so heavily and my task manager was showing that UO client was taking 100% of my core speed.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Whats happening to the fckin razor or client?

Post by the bazookas »

I have gotten that sometimes when I have a client window open that is in one of the login screens (username password / choose server / choose character). For whatever reason, if I let it idle in one of those screens, it starts hogging all the CPU. Could that have been the problem?

ALSO... when I've played on a Windows 7 computer, I have experienced some freezing (I don't know if it is taking up lots of CPU--I didn't check that) where the client stops responding... I have found that when I go to the razor window and initiate some actions through a macro (anything), that it somehow gets it going again.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

podsosnoi

Post by podsosnoi »

Bazooka, you are totally right about windows 7 and freezes!

BUT

It's another thing. I was moving at that moment, but SO SLOWLY that i couldn't even run away from monsters. How could it be possible, is it 7'ths curse for razor? May be I should run it with some "support win98" mode? Can smbd add mope comments to this particular problem.

Zim

Post by Zim »

I turned off all the Aero / Windows 7 pretty window modes/managers ((Put it into performance mode)), and it helped a lot with my issues.

podsosnoi

Post by podsosnoi »

2Zim, your advice helped. Thanks a lot!

Zim

Post by Zim »

For the Empire!

Return to “New Player Help”