the new boy in town

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Laird

the new boy in town

Post by Laird »

Hello there everybody!

I've been playing on a chard called Neverlands from it's start in the beginning of the 21th century, until now when it's dead.
Iv'e been looking for a new chard and I must admit it's realy damn hard to find one suitable for my demands. ^^
I write here to ask you all a few questions, I wounder about:

Rare objects

the economy: I have seen that players sells houses for around 50k, wich I believe is were cheap, back on neverlands you could sell a house for milions of gold, I have seen people selling weapons and stuff for 100gp. I just want to know how much "much" money is.

PvP. how is the pvp system? and how long does it take to GM the warrior skills?

thank you, and thanks for all your sweet answers that will soon roll in =)

Faust

Re: the new boy in town

Post by Faust »

It depends on what era of UO you're looking for. If you want to play a shard based on the t2a era than you are in the right place. This is the only t2a server worth playing that is currently active. T2a is hands down the most skillful era for PVP in the history of UO. I would highly suggest it.

The economy is very stable here. There is absolutely no inflation at all currently. The house prices on here for selling a house would not be very high unless it is in a very good spot. There is still plenty of room, but I don't believe this will last forever as the shard grows older. Houses will eventually become more expensive if this becomes the case.

The PVP on here is very accurate to the t2a era. There are still a few kinks left in it that will be fixed in the near future, but it is a very good system. I've been in the player run scene involving t2a shards for almost a decade now, and I am a VERY picky person towards t2a mechanics. If you played t2a on the OSI servers than this is what you're looking for. If you never experienced it than you definitely should give it a try, because this is simply the best era for t2a period.

The skills on here may or may not be easy to you. It depends on what you think is easy. I personally think they are way too easy compared to what it was like in the past on the real thing. However, I have seen people complain about it being too hard. It really does come down to your personal opinion on the matter.

Laird

Post by Laird »

back on Neverlands it was a pain in the ass to train your skills. However, that's the way I like it. You should not be able to GM your skills in just some hours, you should have to stugle for them. :wink:
However, I'll give it a try, it's just so damn hard when you've been playing on a shard for 7years to find a new one and relearn all the shard statistics

thanks, man :wink:

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

there are a few differnet types of rare objects on UOSA

there are the daily spawning type rares such as fruit baksets ect,
then there are the reward rares for event participation

there is a pretty good list in the Forum - Guides - trophy turn in system

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=511

there is link
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Joshua Lee

Post by Joshua Lee »

Yeah uhh I heard about neverlands but yeah that stuff don't even matter. Second age is where it's at you better recognize.
A mirror reflecting a mirror that shines through a prism of paradoxes after shocking breakthroughs that elevate to a higher level of consciousness that radiates the soul energy being burned with passion.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Faust wrote:T2a is hands down the most skillful era for PVP in the history of UO. I would highly suggest it.
Be serious, please. T2A is not even close to the most "skillful" era of UO.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

alatar wrote:
Faust wrote:T2a is hands down the most skillful era for PVP in the history of UO. I would highly suggest it.
During T2A the game was mostly based on a user's skill and experience in game. UO:R was the first step towards "item-based pvp" as they added in more game features to make winning easier (lumberjacking, Nox mages, para hits, and so on). AOS was the ultimate switch-over into "Diablo format" (90% item-based, 10% user skill) So I do believe Faust is semi-correct when he says T2A is the most skillful era.

I'd argue that the dread days was a better era, but it was a buggy one and didn't last long enough sadly
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

alatar wrote:
Oh, when what was the most skillful era?

platy

Post by platy »

i might have to agree with alatar here..
Yes UOR brought about a small amount of item based skills like lumber.. but mage-wise you had 5-6 different options of characters, EACH with an advantage over the other.. all of which had to be over come..
T2a really only has stamina effects from macers and heavy damage from swordsman- mage wise that is..
Combo's were more important in UOR than t2a I think also.. t2a it's easy to load EB or FS.. Disrupting CURE is harder than disrupting GHEAL etc.