Just my input..As a new player..

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Deziredvisions

Re: Just my input..As a new player..

Post by Deziredvisions »

Atraxi wrote:(1) So, because you're new, the GMs should give you free gold and skillpoints that aren't available to those of us who have been here for a while?

(2) You think that after "a few days" of playing, you should have skills and equipment sufficient to defeat seasoned players? If you could completely rule the game after "a few days", why would you play for longer than that? Seems like it would get boring after a while.

(3) There's plenty of spots available for houses, and sparse housing space is era accurate from what I'm told.

There was a time when gaining skills and making money was what UO gameplay was all about. Nowadays, everyone wants to start on day one with a castle, as much gold as you could possibly want, and all characters at 7x GM. That's not realistic, and it's not going to happen.

I don't mean to be an ass, but I've been here for a while and I've seen the same thing you posted over and over and over again. It's getting annoyingly repetitive. Every new player complains about things being too slow. They either chicken out and quit, or get over it and become better players for it. Which are you going to be?

Also, the reason people tell you to join a guild is because some guilds will help new players gain skills. Then some guilds will take advantage of ur noobiness and gank you for fun. If you wanna start out most efficiently, the best advice I can give is to find a guild that stands for the same things you do and try to join them. Maybe they can help you build up your characters. (But, it sounds like some wise person already gave you that advice.)

-----Atraxi excellent post. That is why OSi is dieing and this shard is growing. Couldn't have put it better myself. 2 thumbs

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Deziredvisions wrote:
Atraxi wrote:(1) So, because you're new, the GMs should give you free gold and skillpoints that aren't available to those of us who have been here for a while?

(2) You think that after "a few days" of playing, you should have skills and equipment sufficient to defeat seasoned players? If you could completely rule the game after "a few days", why would you play for longer than that? Seems like it would get boring after a while.

(3) There's plenty of spots available for houses, and sparse housing space is era accurate from what I'm told.

There was a time when gaining skills and making money was what UO gameplay was all about. Nowadays, everyone wants to start on day one with a castle, as much gold as you could possibly want, and all characters at 7x GM. That's not realistic, and it's not going to happen.

I don't mean to be an ass, but I've been here for a while and I've seen the same thing you posted over and over and over again. It's getting annoyingly repetitive. Every new player complains about things being too slow. They either chicken out and quit, or get over it and become better players for it. Which are you going to be?

Also, the reason people tell you to join a guild is because some guilds will help new players gain skills. Then some guilds will take advantage of ur noobiness and gank you for fun. If you wanna start out most efficiently, the best advice I can give is to find a guild that stands for the same things you do and try to join them. Maybe they can help you build up your characters. (But, it sounds like some wise person already gave you that advice.)

-----Atraxi excellent post. That is why OSi is dieing and this shard is growing. Couldn't have put it better myself. 2 thumbs
1272929290800 - Copy.jpg
1272929290800 - Copy.jpg (30.26 KiB) Viewed 572 times
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

theleptonkid

Post by theleptonkid »

I've been playin here about 2 weeks and I almost have a 7x dexxer. IMO the best way to get started is start with 50 healing 50 resist and gm(through macroing) Provo, Music, and Anatomy. Then farm gold at the orc forts(I do the cove orc fort). Make sure you bank your gold everytime you get about 4k, until you get a house. Once you get a house I would recommend placing it near the orc fort, so you can stash your loot their. You can proboably keep a mage macroing 24/7 with 12k a day, which takes about two hours a day, to farm(with a bard). If you cant contribute two hours a day to UOSA, then mabie COD is the game for you. BUT, if not welcome to UOSA and I hope to see you around. Also theirs plenty of players that will help you out.