Just my input..As a new player..

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dallaswolf

Re: Just my input..As a new player..

Post by Dallaswolf »

You know whats funny about this thread we are not talking about the people who stick around and play.. We are talking about the horde of people who leave.. Don't get me wrong Im here to play but its crazy that you see servers with 1000's of players online at once who do some of the things I'm talking about.. But 10 of the Vets cry and say STFU or stick it out then on the same day complain to many people are quitting..

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Dallaswolf wrote: you see servers with 1000's of players online at once who do some of the things I'm talking about..
I don't. Could you please point them out.

Dallaswolf

Post by Dallaswolf »

Look around Im not going to advertise for them..

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Thousands of players, thousands of clients or a made up number to make it look like people play there? Also, might I ask what's brought you here if these other shards features or player base appeals to you?

Also, I'm very proud to say that utterance of the words UO Gamers or IPY2 is not a squelchable offense here. Which should hint at one reason we all like it just the way it is here.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I am very comfortable with the knowledge that Derrick and his team will never screw around with several things. The two best being: the ability to buy skills/in game items with real world currency and creating an artificial and non-era accurate way of skilling up.

As McSchnurke pointed out, admin is so fair, and so confident in their product (as well they should be) that they do not squelch the mention of other sites, mainly because of the track record this one has. IPY might claim to have more clients online at any given moment, but you will be hard pressed to find them. Why? Because as others have said, if you're handed everything in a silver platter, your bond to that is much less than if you actually need to work to get it.

Here people actually play to skill up. You'll find tamers taming in dungeons, lockpickers lockpicking lvl 4 chests, fishermen fishing the high seas, and generally people doing something to earn money out there. Sure, Razor is a huge advantage, but it can only get you so far. Plus it is not hard at all to start your UOSA career from 0. I have actually outlined a simple way to start off in essentially two days of overnight macroing. After that, you will still need to macro overnight and on your work (study) time, but you'll have a playable character.

If you need any help, people on IRC will more than gladly help you with tips on how to prosper. If you do not find satisfactory answers on main chat, feel free to jump on channel #C^V, where we'll gladly answer any questions.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Dallaswolf

Post by Dallaswolf »

Can you link this outline?

Pirul wrote:I am very comfortable with the knowledge that Derrick and his team will never screw around with several things. The two best being: the ability to buy skills/in game items with real world currency and creating an artificial and non-era accurate way of skilling up.

As McSchnurke pointed out, admin is so fair, and so confident in their product (as well they should be) that they do not squelch the mention of other sites, mainly because of the track record this one has. IPY might claim to have more clients online at any given moment, but you will be hard pressed to find them. Why? Because as others have said, if you're handed everything in a silver platter, your bond to that is much less than if you actually need to work to get it.

Here people actually play to skill up. You'll find tamers taming in dungeons, lockpickers lockpicking lvl 4 chests, fishermen fishing the high seas, and generally people doing something to earn money out there. Sure, Razor is a huge advantage, but it can only get you so far. Plus it is not hard at all to start your UOSA career from 0. I have actually outlined a simple way to start off in essentially two days of overnight macroing. After that, you will still need to macro overnight and on your work (study) time, but you'll have a playable character.

If you need any help, people on IRC will more than gladly help you with tips on how to prosper. If you do not find satisfactory answers on main chat, feel free to jump on channel #C^V, where we'll gladly answer any questions.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

I'm sure Pirul will hit you with some links but in the meantime here's a decent advice thread containing some Pirul wisdom: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20977

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Hey dallas. Have you had fun since we last talked? Has it been as bad since the time you made this thread?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

buy something for 1gp and resell it on forums for 2gp
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

I suppose it was about time for another newcomer to post a "change for the sake of me" topic.

Look, dude....

Being allowed three (3) accounts here and AFK macroing being legal is enough of an "EZMODE" start. My experience is nothing unique, but I had a house and a "viable" (for what I wanted to do) character in a couple of days. Chopped wood like crazy. 25,000 boards @3gp each to another player got me starting funds. While I was chopping wood, I had my other character macroing up skills. Everything fell into place, and it was by no means "difficult".

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Dallaswolf

Post by Dallaswolf »

I have gotten off my feet and been enjoying playing the game.. But my feeling still stand's as there is room for improvment.. Over all I do find this server a welcoming place..
GuardianKnight wrote:Hey dallas. Have you had fun since we last talked? Has it been as bad since the time you made this thread?

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

this server is fine as is.... soon the large numbers of wow players waiting for the new xpac will be back here to play until MoP comes out

Makavelixx

Post by Makavelixx »

I understand the OP's point of view and everyone elses, truth is if you played when server was fresh then there was no griefers or pks, now that everyone has done all there is to do and the player base is so small griefers have no one else to target or anything else fun to do, it all has to do with player base, the more the player base the more "fair" it seems. PK's use to get around this issue by having some honor but now they all are sheep flocking with the herd.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Makavelixx wrote:I understand the OP's point of view and everyone elses, truth is if you played when server was fresh then there was no griefers or pks, now that everyone has done all there is to do and the player base is so small griefers have no one else to target or anything else fun to do, it all has to do with player base, the more the player base the more "fair" it seems. PK's use to get around this issue by having some honor but now they all are sheep flocking with the herd.
I have been told that Nightshark's crew tend to rez people after murdering them. It doesn't seem all bad.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

One good point he brought up was - There are a billions houses without a single thing in them. Bulldoze them or stop refreshing for your "friend" who isn't around to use it. Just find it a little irritating. On a side note Dallas, hope things have gotten better for you. If you saw santa you pretty much got a free 300k, but if you do need something pm me on here. I have plenty of things and am getting more and more bored with the game.

Also don't wanna hit anyone with a nerf stick or anything, but maybe we could look into a recal management. Please don't hit me with a "ERA ACCURACY MANNNN". But i remember a time wether it was after this era or w/e but pks actually would run from liches -> harpy room or vice versa. Now of course we dont have the population nor the need to kill measly harpies but we could use a lil change is all im saying.