Am I still just jealous or can we move on and fix this now

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

See topic

u still jelly
44%
nah delete it bro
56%

Total votes: 36

Brules

Re: Am I still just jealous or can we move on and fix this n

Post by Brules »

Sorry but you jelly, and you don't know the full story why the vendors are not there. We would gladly get them going again if we get confirm from staff they wont go *poof* again.....the last time we had them up and going we lost several hundred thousand gold (close to 500k or more) of gold and stock on vendors due to a server bug/issue. Having all your vendors disappear in an instant will make you not want to put them up again with 100% assurance it wont happen again.

But then again you would probably just piss and moan about the tent being an unfair advantage for vendoring like you did last time......so either way you will probably bitch about it.

But yeah, I would love to get them back up and running, but I refuse to risk losing my shorts again unless i know it wont happen again.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Brules wrote:Sorry but you jelly, and you don't know the full story why the vendors are not there. We would gladly get them going again if we get confirm from staff they wont go *poof* again.....the last time we had them up and going we lost several hundred thousand gold (close to 500k or more) of gold and stock on vendors due to a server bug/issue. Having all your vendors disappear in an instant will make you not want to put them up again with 100% assurance it wont happen again.

But then again you would probably just piss and moan about the tent being an unfair advantage for vendoring like you did last time......so either way you will probably bitch about it.

But yeah, I would love to get them back up and running, but I refuse to risk losing my shorts again unless i know it wont happen again.
This whole post is inappropriate for this forum, make a new thread in trash talk if you feel like insulting me.

The $$$ forum is under 'inactive'. I no longer see $$$ members in game. $$$ has not hosted an event in a substantial amount of time, and you no longer interact with the community as you previously did.

Thus, regardless of the initial cause of the disappearance of these vendors, $$$ now qualifies as an inactive guild as per the rules for GM addons. Ergo; my concerns are valid whether the initial reasoning is flawed or not.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

chainsoar wrote:
This whole post is inappropriate for this forum, make a new thread in trash talk if you feel like insulting me.

The $$$ forum is under 'inactive'. I no longer see $$$ members in game. $$$ has not hosted an event in a substantial amount of time, and you no longer interact with the community as you previously did.

Thus, regardless of the initial cause of the disappearance of these vendors, $$$ now qualifies as an inactive guild as per the rules for GM addons. Ergo; my concerns are valid whether the initial reasoning is flawed or not.
Original argument
chainsoar wrote: I don't like this tent because it is dead. It is empty, it has no soul, no character, it adds nothing. In fact, without the vendors inside, it is, quite frankly, an eyesore. When I look at it I see that it used to be something useful and attractive. I have the benefit of having been on this shard when it was active, so perhaps that reaction is simply because I see the contrast between then and now, but I sincerely doubt newer players look at it and see anything other than an empty tent.
This was your main argument. Now you know why its dead. Should be the end of this particular post?
Your post should be, 'Gms please fix this bug so that the tent could be what it once was, useful and attractive.'

Seems like a crusade
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

"civil discussion " trash talk is that way -->viewforum.php?f=26

btw you seem to think this "new player housing thing" is so great and so many people take advantage of it. i have refereed countless people to this despite any in game issues relating to you or your friends. Many times i have had people respond with "he wont get back to me" or weeks later same story and some random person in irc or on the forums helps them faster this just goes to show once again that your guild is in fact "inactive", like all the other way's it was previously pointed out. You all need to stop living in yurts and play the shard if you wish to be a active guild.
Last edited by iamreallysquall on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Brules

Post by Brules »

BlackFoot wrote: Seems like a crusade
Truth.

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Last edited by Telamon on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

So why isn't the tent deleted until the bug is fixed and there are vendors there again? I'm confused.

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

I remember when I was fairly new to the server I saw advertisements for this tower in someone's signature.

I went down there and found a few partially stocked vendors and some empty vendors.

Take it down or put vendors up.
Catskills 97-99

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Eastwood wrote:I remember when I was fairly new to the server I saw advertisements for this tower in someone's signature.

I went down there and found a few partially stocked vendors and some empty vendors.

Take it down or put vendors up.
read thread

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Blackfoot, there's plenty of justification here for not putting vendors there. No one is blaming anyone for that, if the reports of this mysterious bug are true and still pose a risk.

However, given the lack of vendors, there is also no reason to have a tent sitting there doing nothing. And there is not plenty of justification here for keeping an empty tent there, beyond "they earned it a while ago" or something like that. As Eastwood said and as I would have surmised, it's a little odd for new players to stumble upon something like that.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

No one is arguing to keep an empty tent.
The reason the tent is empty is what renders the Op's argument moot.

Focus on threads getting bugs fixed and the Add-on situation resolves itself.

Id rather GMs spend their time fixing bugs then spending their time turning add-ons on and off.

Afterall when your items are bugged, the gms dont delete them until they have time to fix them.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

BlackFoot wrote:No one is arguing to keep an empty tent.
The reason the tent is empty is what renders the Op's argument moot..
Saying that it is empty because of a bug is a moot point, also.

In all fairness, several times in my UOSA journey i've visited these vendors and found them not stocked or not there at all for long stretches of time. All of these times were well before this "bug" or accidental wipe. I'm not necessarily saying they need removed, but $$$'s contribution to this shard is slim to none right now and has been so for a long time now. They did stuff in the past and i'm sure everyone appreciated that, but moving on and going forward, they are essentially dead.

Even if they start up the vendors again, we all know that it only benefits a few people, some of which are not even in $$$. The very limited number of active players in $$$ does not in any way denote a guild that interacts with the shard on a scale worthy of GM Add-Ons.

Anyone can log in and stock 2-3 vendors once every 2-3 months to keep up appearances, but those vendors have been mostly dead in the last year and a half regardless of any bug or mistake. They may have had a few "spurts" of activity, but that certainly doesn't count as Guild Activity.

People run vendors all over the shard. If running a vendor is all it takes, then why doesn't every major vendor shop have GM Blessings all around them? eh?

If being a dead guild, as far as shard interaction, is what "triggers" the removal of GM Add-ons, then they certainly qualify. I believe this point is where the actual issue lies.

What is the "trigger" to remove GM Add-Ons? Truth be told, there is no definitive answer on this. Until there is, this debate will rage on.

All of this having been said, I could care less if the add-ons stay or go. At the very least, they add to the "history" of the shard.

At the end of the day, that's all $$$ has...History.

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

I'd just like to point out that I have continually attempted to validate my argument by referring to server rules and have not personally attacked $$$ or Brules once.

Therefore;
Blackfoot wrote:Seems like a crusade
is incorrect.

Telamon, you're going to be disappointed if you're trying to provoke an angry response from me. That is all. The poll options were semi-humorous because that's just how I roll. They do not detract from the validity of the debate.

Eastwood has provided a situational example of a new player being disappointed by this addon. I have yet to be provided with a counter example of how it justifies its continued existence.

I have acknowledged Brules' explanation of how it came to be empty in the first place, but I fail to see the relevance of this, given that $$$ now qualify for removal of their addons anyway.

Once more since people don't seem to be paying too much attention - I am in favour of all addons in the game belonging to now-inactive guilds being removed, regardless of who is a member of said guild. When [PEE] lost their addons, I approved, although I like Hardcore a lot. I like Kander but when [POD] were inactive and lost their addons, I approved of that too. Finally, the last time I brought this subject up, Wise was still active, and I always liked Wise. Not a personal crusade against Brules.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Downs

Post by Downs »

I voted for removal based on inactivity, not just an empty tent. And I don't hate $$$, contrary to our fun forum drama. I like it when they're active and throwing events. If events and shard interaction/contribution occured, i'd change my standpoint very quickly.

I'm of the camp that 90% of the add ons in dead guild towns need to go though. Unfortunately, these threads hardly ever work out. And that's not a knock on staff, they have their lives & other things to worry about
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Brules

Post by Brules »

Funny that this thread was started by cA and 90% of the commentors are cA or their fanboys (Lightshade and Mike).

LoL.

BTW - Derrick said it is safe now so vendors are going back up soon.

/thread