Cove - Can we have it back?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Downs

Cove - Can we have it back?

Post by Downs »

I know that the whole cove is overrun by the urks thing is supposed to be part of some event, but how long is this going to go on? IDK how long cove has been un usable to our mining and hermit community, but what exactly is the plan here?

Can we wrap this up, either conclude the event or give up on it?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Cove - Can we have it back?

Post by Blaise »

Without a bank, Cove is relatively useless anyway. It's not really hurting much that things haven't progressed. As I understand it, Derrick has been extra busy IRL and thus doesn't have the time to carry on the event to conclusion or otherwise.

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's the hold up and I can respect that.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

I disagree that Cove is useless. Lots of mining to be had in guard protection. No bank anymore but if you have a house just outside town or a friend/alt and you can stash your ingots quite easily

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I did say 'relatively'.
Not saying I don't want to see it restored to order, just that in the big picture, it can wait until Derrick has the time to move forward with whatever plans are in place for Cove.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Like maybe a hobo invasion

just sayin
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Ya i get he's busy. I just happened to recall there a few times over the week and was wondering about it.
I thought it was tied to a player event, but I'm wrong often.

I do like cove. It was the 2nd city I visited my first day playing the game. Urk npcs making it unpleasant to visit for an extended period of time compelled me to post
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Yeah, I hear ya. I used to do low-level hunting in the area but it's just not worth it anymore. Anywhere those dastardly Urks spawn is basically sapping money from me by way of destroying my gear and dropping chump change when they finally die.

The take-over is tied to the series of invasion events that started (I think) with the invasion of Skara Brae. Then there was the battle at the Urk fort where the Urks gated out to Cove and 'took over' the town. After that there was the attempted seige of Vesper where they were routed and ultimately their fort was destroyed in a big battle with some uber-daemon.
So yes, eventually something will come of this, but the story is long and drawn out....much as always, UO mimics life. :P
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sounds to me like an awesome opportunity for players to organize an event based on taking it back!

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]