AFK Rare Gathering Not Era-Accurate

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Pehiko
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: AFK Rare Gathering Not Era-Accurate

Post by Pehiko »

i posted in the wrong post. nvm.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Naljier wrote:/thinks stranger is right on with his assessment of the motivation behind this stupid thread
We all know Naljier's motivation is that he is one of the people that likes to AFK everything in this game. Unfortunately for your non-interactive playstyle, Naljier, "motivation" whether true or not is irrelevant in this thread.

Furthermore, if you think Era Accuracty is "stupid," then perhaps you are missing the point of....everything on this shard.

Feel free to keep trying to hijack and derail the discussion with your irrelevant musings, though.

Era Accuracy is what is relevant and AFK Rare Gathering is not Era Accurate. Also, as others have pointed out, some of the spawning mechanics are not Era-Accurate either.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Lol at Stranger the tangential and blathering moron.

Can we get back to what LS was trying to discuss?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

son wrote:Lol at Stranger the tangential and blathering moron.

Can we get back to what LS was trying to discuss?
felix I am glad you finnally weighed in, now my two enemies in this game (felix and Hemperor) have successfully forum searched for my posts and weighed in with their insults. <3
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Yes, perfect timing for my sig-quote.

Quit devolving to Trash Talk Stranger. There's a forum for that. This thread is for discussion of the topic at hand, not personal attacks on those who may or may not have taken advantage of what is being discussed.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

Light Shade wrote:
Naljier wrote:/thinks stranger is right on with his assessment of the motivation behind this stupid thread
We all know Naljier's motivation is that he is one of the people that likes to AFK everything in this game. Unfortunately for your non-interactive playstyle, Naljier, "motivation" whether true or not is irrelevant in this thread.

Furthermore, if you think Era Accuracty is "stupid," then perhaps you are missing the point of....everything on this shard.

Feel free to keep trying to hijack and derail the discussion with your irrelevant musings, though.

Era Accuracy is what is relevant and AFK Rare Gathering is not Era Accurate. Also, as others have pointed out, some of the spawning mechanics are not Era-Accurate either.
perhaps you would be willing to delete all your rares to further the cause of 'era accuracy'

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Naljier wrote:perhaps you would be willing to delete all your rares to further the cause of 'era accuracy'
As anyone of consequence knows, i've been slowly giving all these away for prizes in events...selling them and putting up the money for prize pools...trading them for silver...to put up for prizes...etc... Anyone who actually knows me knows that I give the vast majority of my stuff away, but feel free to keep trying to paint me as the "bad guy" while you do the same things that i'm "the enemy" for having done in the past. At least I realized how damaging my actions were. You have yet to do so.

Regardless, thank you for yet another off-topic comment that has nothing to do with the discussion. Your efforts at de-railing this Era-Accuracy discussion are nearly epic.

Anywho, back on topic.

Please fix this Not Era Accurate Issue.

Take Care,

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

yes please fix it, make them all spawn after server reboot at thier appropriate spawn schedules

or make them spawn at thier appropriate schedules in random places if you want to be non era accurate but level the field more

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

LightShade must be the UOSA incarnation of Andrew Carnegie.

So what if he may have abused the system a bit. Not like he's the only one to develop a method of using server mechanics to gain assets. Good to know he is maybe atoning for it a bit by giving the stuff away via events open to the community. Puts him a step above the "Smaugs" that are hoarding pixels that will never get used for anything.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

+1 Internets for Tolkien reference.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Being a hypocrit or not is not the discussion, tangential idiot number too.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

Vhyx wrote:LightShade must be the UOSA incarnation of Andrew Carnegie.

So what if he may have abused the system a bit. Not like he's the only one to develop a method of using server mechanics to gain assets. Good to know he is maybe atoning for it a bit by giving the stuff away via events open to the community. Puts him a step above the "Smaugs" that are hoarding pixels that will never get used for anything.
he gives out of his wealth

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

I agree with LightShade and others that there is too much automation going on here. I don't think players should be able to fire up a macro, go AFK and gather a bunch of assets without even playing the game (this includes rares, not just resources). I was against AFK reagent buying and am glad that rules were put into place to stop it. I'm in favor of what LightShade is fighting for, which is adding AFK rares collecting to the list of "no no's". Excuse me if I didn't see the point in people attacking his proposal via attacking him and his motives.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

son wrote:Being a hypocrit or not is not the discussion, tangential idiot number too.
Lord knows im not the best at spelling, however, if I were to make a post calling two people "Tangential Idiots," I would use the correct spelling of the word "Two". Or, rework my sentence to read "tangential idiot too." Either would have been acceptable, and not made you look like a tangential idiot.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Stranger wrote:
son wrote:Being a hypocrit or not is not the discussion, tangential idiot number too.
Lord knows im not the best at spelling, however, if I were to make a post calling two people "Tangential Idiots," I would use the correct spelling of the word "Two". Or, rework my sentence to read "tangential idiot too." Either would have been acceptable, and not made you look like a tangential idiot.
I hate to continue this on but heck this topic is already derailed!

Just last week Stranger told me "your not as intellegent as me"

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat