Fire Field to bypass security

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Fire Field to bypass security

Post by Blaise »

Is it era accurate that friends of multi-story houses can cast Fire Field, step onto it, log off and back on, and wind up on the next level of the home?
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Fire Field to bypass security

Post by Light Shade »

BlaiseDad wrote:Is it era accurate that friends of multi-story houses can cast Fire Field, step onto it, log off and back on, and wind up on the next level of the home?
There's several ways to do this, and yes. Do not friend anyone to a multi-storied building if you do not want them in the rooms above them or design the homes so that they cannot be bumped into an area that they can gain access to anything.

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Totally....awesome.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Sorry that I missed this thread for so long, but you shouldn't be triggering the mechanic that pops you up or down a level off of fire field or any other passable object. It should only work on impassible objects. It's an interesting point to consider, but if you've ever wondered why it's not possible to drop an item you can't pass through at your feet, this is why.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

That's what I was thinking, is that the spell effect shouldn't 'bump' your Z at all, right?
I guess this also works if you are 'holding' an impassable container and close the client window, when you login again you're bumped.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Zim

Post by Zim »

GM camper can get to a lot of fun places with a table and some kindling.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

This is a prime example of the type of bug we don't need on our shard.

Even if era accurate, there should be an exception made as with other game-breaking exploits.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Halbu wrote:This is a prime example of the type of bug we don't need on our shard.

Even if era accurate, there should be an exception made as with other game-breaking exploits.
Tell that to all the magic weapons and armor, reagents and rares that are no longer in my keep.

"Yes, it's obviously wrong and clearly NOT the result the designers desired IN ERA, but that's how it WAS, so let's keep it that way"
Est Sularus oth Mithas

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I used to do this with my horse on OSI, but it doesn't work here. Also, to do this on UOSA, your character has to fully log out (disappear from the game world). On OSI, you could do it at WBB (to get to the roof) just logging out and in on your horse.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE