if only :D

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

if only :D

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Ultima_Onli ... 02/12/1998
Recall changes in dungeons:
You can freely recall in and out of dungeons on the first level.
On the second level of dungeons, you can recall out with no problems, but gating in becomes difficult because of the mass of stone and earth preventing you from forming a clear mental picture of the destination.
Deeper into the dungeons, recall does not function at all.

If only we had this here :D
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: if only :D

Bump can somone confirm or deny that this isnt or is accurate
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This is not accurate. Although there is no explanation for why this never occurred, newsgroup posts from the era make it clear that this was either in place for a very short time, or was never in place at all. There should be a relatively old thread on this subject that has some of those discussions.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Kaivan wrote:This is not accurate. Although there is no explanation for why this never occurred, newsgroup posts from the era make it clear that this was either in place for a very short time, or was never in place at all. There should be a relatively old thread on this subject that has some of those discussions.
well damn i can dream cant i :D

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

kevin-theidocghost wrote: well damn i can dream cant i :D
NEA
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Yeah, I remember them talking about that back in the day...but I do not remember them actually implementing it.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

would just be cool to keep people from just recalling away and Fox say what u want but sounds more Felluca to me :D

Shane Dog

Post by Shane Dog »

That was one of the things that made Siege Perilous alot more hardcore in terms of Dungeon crawling than this version.

You cannot recall or gate in or out of dungeons. It actually feels more like "dungeon crawling" and made it more perilous to go into dungeons.

Hence the name "Siege Perilous."
"A wise man makes no mistakes; yet, mistakes make a man wise" ~ self quote 2001

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Population levels kept dungeons pretty safe on Siege. I don't remember seeing too many PKs in dungeons unless I followed them there but my playstyle in those days may bias my opinion. Really, having no recall at all is what made Siege better. You just couldn't rely on gate travel getting you out of harms way wherever you were.

Also, didn't they make dungeons a no recall zone on all servers at some point? I really don't know since I only played Siege after UO:R.

Shane Dog

Post by Shane Dog »

McSchnurke wrote:Population levels kept dungeons pretty safe on Siege. I don't remember seeing too many PKs in dungeons unless I followed them there but my playstyle in those days may bias my opinion. Really, having no recall at all is what made Siege better. You just couldn't rely on gate travel getting you out of harms way wherever you were.

Also, didn't they make dungeons a no recall zone on all servers at some point? I really don't know since I only played Siege after UO:R.

I played up til about 6months b4 Stygian Abyss expansion or whatever. Not sure about the no recall across all servers but I definately remember recall not working on Siege and having to use gates to move around in non dungeon areas.

And the daily cap limits on gaining skills in upper tiers was a major pain.
"A wise man makes no mistakes; yet, mistakes make a man wise" ~ self quote 2001

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

But....But....But....how would the PK's Gate in with 4 pre-cast Chain Lightnings then?
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Shane Dog wrote:And the daily cap limits on gaining skills in upper tiers was a major pain.
I liked the RoT skill gain. I GM'd everything through actually playing the game and I think that's what makes my memories of Siege Perilous so fond.

Bartez

Post by Bartez »

McSchnurke wrote:Population levels kept dungeons pretty safe on Siege. I don't remember seeing too many PKs in dungeons unless I followed them there but my playstyle in those days may bias my opinion. Really, having no recall at all is what made Siege better. You just couldn't rely on gate travel getting you out of harms way wherever you were.

Most likely your playstyle. Early SP you couldn't walk into a dungeon without the 24/7 ghost scouts calling in a 10-15 man gank. This died down a couple of years later because everyone was established and didn't care about dungeon control anymore.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Can you imagine farming LLs with dragons if no gating/recalling was implemented?

You would need to get the dragons in there which would be a hilarious pain, and you would have to have a gold runner in and out of the dungeon.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

son wrote:Can you imagine farming LLs with dragons if no gating/recalling was implemented?
Yes, I did this on UOG: Revelation. Sucked taking them through all the trash to get to a bottom level. Pretty much made taming useless.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger