New Player

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Mighty Mouse

New Player

Post by Mighty Mouse »

Hi secondage community,

I'm new to the shard but am already in the process of developing some good characters and am enjoying the nostalgia. While playing on OSI servers I had several red characters and would like to continue pvp on this server. I would like to join some pvp orientated guilds (pk or anti pk) but I'm finding getting to know the pvp crowds extremely frustrating because they seem to have their own groups and ganking is prevelant. If anyone is willing to invest a little bit of time in teaching me the finer aspects of secondage pvp I'm sure I can become a useful member of any pvp guild.
And before anything is said about the IRC, I have been trying for several days now to log on. I seem to be having issues.

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New Player

Post by xevec »

Currently the Light IRC is having some flash policy daemon issues, you will probably need to use a program like Mobbit, or Merc to get onto the UOSA IRC.

Border Patrol

Re: New Player

Post by Border Patrol »

Hail citizen!,

There is always safety in numbers and being a lonewolf can be quite tricky. I would suggest searching for threads that are useful for survival tactics as they can be quite useful. If you check out the guild subforums you can have a look at some of the more major active guilds as well as get an idea of the kind of stuff each one does. It would also make it alot easier for you to contact one or have them contact you.

This forum is mainly used for Tales and Adventures. You can check out some of the shards various guild's Tales and Adventures in the master index at the top of this forum. Maybe that could help you decide?

Have you ever been a cop in UO? It is quite fun playing a detective template I must say so myself. We are always looking for new Cadets.

As far as IRC goes the linked window browser does appear to need daemons and I use a different IRC chat program since I for one do not want to have to do an excorcism on my computer. I use mIRC instead but there are many others. There is a mIRC help page if you need help using it to join secondage IRC chat.

Safe travels!

Return to “Tales of Adventure”