No T2A mounts in old lands? Nightmares?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Missedsomuch

No T2A mounts in old lands? Nightmares?

Post by Missedsomuch »

First i must say i'm not 100% sure of it.

But i do remember that every exit/enter of T2A had sign "no pets beyon this point" or something like that.
And i don't remember seeing players on Ostards in old lands. Perhaps after UO:R they were allowed

The only proof I could find is old blog:

http://www.pvpblog.com/post/Game-Master ... nline.html

It's top entry on this page.

Quote:
Now that GM was totally on crack. I bring an ostard back from the new lands to the old lands (there was a bugged pink gate that would let you do it). That GM PKs me by sending 2 guards on me in Occlo. I page him telling him he just abused his powers on me for no reason.
GMs accused him of using rune to god lands to bring ostard to old lands.
Chat log between them is quite interesting too. Gm was amused that he used pink gate while sitting on ostard all the time.
And it's something that gives the sense to no recalls allowed between old lands and T2A lands. Which was lifted in UO:R as i remember. So ostards filled whole lands.

The second question:

I remember that in UO:R u could ride nightmares only with taming skill. I can't say anything about T2A becouse i don't remember seeing new mounts in old lands and i don't liked new lands and rarely visited it in era anyway.

Sorry if it's was discussed here.

Missedsomuch

Re: No T2A mounts in old lands? Nightmares?

Post by Missedsomuch »

More evidence:
http://www.andrea.net/uo/general/screen ... en22.shtml

There indeed was exploits to get them. But regarding amount of counselers, seers, gms and people willing to report i am pretty sure they was deleted from old lands pretty fast.

In our case it should be disallowed and bug fixed i think. Becouse we don't have nor millions of GMs to punish you, nor millions of whinners to report you.

PVPers on nightmares is terrible.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Here is the patch detailing the change to riding mounts in the old lands. This has been known for some time, but has not been implemented here.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I always wondered why we allowed them in the Old Lands here.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

JimmyTheDriver

Post by JimmyTheDriver »

Ooooo everyone better start stockpiling! The grandfathered mounts will be TURBO valuable now.

Missedsomuch

Post by Missedsomuch »

Kaivan wrote:Here is the patch detailing the change to riding mounts in the old lands. This has been known for some time, but has not been implemented here.
Yeah i searched forums and stumbled upon thread about it. But why we couldn't recall between old lands and T2A then? It was made only for not allowing new pets in old lands.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

What Kaivan means, is that that particular patch came after our target date, which means, that previous to that it was not allowed, and as such the mount issue will be fixed here when admin has the time to do so.

I do seem to recall, however, a lengthy discussion here on the forums about the subject, and the conclusion of impeding movement of pets/mounts between old and new lands only through certain teleporters.

IIRC, you where able to move pets through Pap/Glow teleporter, and Vesper GY before that discussion determined it was Era Accurate to prohibit them from moving between "worlds" in those teleporters, but was fine through other passages, and thus a change was made.

I'll have to search the forums to find that one.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

There was a way to get them to the old lands from day 1. I never knew how it was done, it was through a bug. I remember being told you had to do it by taking them on a boat and exiting the lost lands. That was the only exit you could get them out. I know that it was possible from day 1 because before I got the t2a expansion people riding t2a mounts at the WBB appeared to be riding "Air" to me, and I always called them "Air Riders." And while we are on the subject, i've also argued several times that they were NO horses spawning in the old lands. Absolutly 0, as confirmed by ME at the start of t2a by a GM that I called after looking for a couple hours for a horse to tame (As I could not get to t2a).
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Green Acres
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Missedsomuch

Post by Missedsomuch »

Stranger wrote:There was a way to get them to the old lands from day 1. I never knew how it was done, it was through a bug. I remember being told you had to do it by taking them on a boat and exiting the lost lands. That was the only exit you could get them out. I know that it was possible from day 1 because before I got the t2a expansion people riding t2a mounts at the WBB appeared to be riding "Air" to me, and I always called them "Air Riders." And while we are on the subject, i've also argued several times that they were NO horses spawning in the old lands. Absolutly 0, as confirmed by ME at the start of t2a by a GM that I called after looking for a couple hours for a horse to tame (As I could not get to t2a).
Well the point is after u got them by bug u would F@@@ by GM pretty fast after first report. And OSI GMs was deleting them (even could ban you if they want).

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Missedsomuch wrote:
Stranger wrote:There was a way to get them to the old lands from day 1. I never knew how it was done, it was through a bug. I remember being told you had to do it by taking them on a boat and exiting the lost lands. That was the only exit you could get them out. I know that it was possible from day 1 because before I got the t2a expansion people riding t2a mounts at the WBB appeared to be riding "Air" to me, and I always called them "Air Riders." And while we are on the subject, i've also argued several times that they were NO horses spawning in the old lands. Absolutly 0, as confirmed by ME at the start of t2a by a GM that I called after looking for a couple hours for a horse to tame (As I could not get to t2a).
Well the point is after u got them by bug u would F@@@ by GM pretty fast after first report. And OSI GMs was deleting them (even could ban you if they want).
I dont believe so. Everyone was riding them and it didnt seem like it was to long until you were able to get them out normally. The thing with osi is that it seemed whenever someone massivly exploited a bug they would cave in and make it legal. Such as the faction sigil items. Also, as with runebooks. Which were newbeed from inception, but were never ment to be. OSI intended to remove this property but due to the overwhelming bitching of the playerbase, left them newbeed. Which is another thing that isnt accurate here (Dead horse).

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

GM's, and thus policies varied from server to server, some might delete the mounts while others would permit them. That is why policy accuracy is so tricky here and isn't even attempted to be simulated, and we should stick to mechanical accuracy.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

son wrote:Green Acres
Yeah, I heard the Serpent Pillars allowed it, too. I never bothered to verify that, though.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Light Shade wrote:
Yeah, I heard the Serpent Pillars allowed it, too. I never bothered to verify that, though.

I've actually never used the serpent pillars. I did not know about them while here nor T2A.

When I killed someone in T2A and they had mares/dragons, I would gate them to a boat and wait for their tame to break :/
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Light Shade wrote:
The serpent pillars is what I was refering to. Only way I heard of to get one out.