Remove Guild chat and auto light levels

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
LeonZA

Re: Remove Guild chat and auto light levels

Post by LeonZA »

Thanks Light Shade,
I have the original UO MIDI Music that I have coverted to MP3 using various soundfonts. I will replace the current MP3s once I get the music working.

Just out of interest. When you first open up the client and the music starts playing then does it still play the same song on your client? And does it change between songs when you enter/exit Britain?

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

LeonZA wrote:Thanks Light Shade,
I have the original UO MIDI Music that I have coverted to MP3 using various soundfonts. I will replace the current MP3s once I get the music working.

Just out of interest. When you first open up the client and the music starts playing then does it still play the same song on your client? And does it change between songs when you enter/exit Britain?
It plays various different songs as I recall around.

I went to Britain, and it played britain1.
I went to Occlo, and it played occlo.
On the login screen, it played create1.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

LeonZA

Post by LeonZA »

I don't know what to try next. I haven't tried recalling yet, because my Magery is very low. Just stepping in and out of towns

LeonZA

Post by LeonZA »

Ok, so I logged the packets coming in to my client and I saw this when entering Minoc:
6D 00 10
Which means play track (0x10)16. In the config.txt file it is listed as:
16 minocpos,loop

The file is there as minocpos.mp3, but it doesn't play :(
Going to try a few other things

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for looking into this. Keep us posted.

If there's anything on this end to be done, i'd be interested in doing it right away.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

LeonZA

Post by LeonZA »

Things I have noticed:
The only difference I can see on the other shards that are working is as soon as I log in I receive a play music packet for the area I was in and the music starts playing. On the Second Age no such packet is sent.
I made a character in Minoc on a different shard and got a play music packet for music id 16. It played.
So I tried to mimic what the other shard did on The Second Age by logging in right on the border of Minoc and quickly stepping into the town area. I received a play music packet id 16. The music did not play :( (The current intro music that was playing stopped). All other Play music packets are ignored after this. Just silence.
So it is not a timing issue. There probably is some other packet received before the play music packet that made it invalid. Or maybe the order of the play music packet after login matters.

On this shard and the other shard I noticed that if I leave the town area I receive a play music packet with a music Id of 65535. This is ignored by the client, but it has an effect that I don't know if it is correct or not.
On the other shard where the music worked: If I am in Britain and Britain's music plays and I leave town I receive a play music packet id 65535 which is ignored, but once I re-enter Britain then Britain's music will not play, because the last song played according to the client was Britain's song and not 65535.
A new Song will only play if the previous song was not the same as the new song. This can only be fixed if outside town is also a region. Maybe making the whole map an 'outside' region with a certain music id and making the other regions sub regions might solve the issue.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I cannot recreate these issues with a stock UOSA client. I have patched my .mp3's directly from converted .midi's off of the T2A CD just to make sure I had the exact era music files.

I recall all around and hear the songs just fine on UOSA. Its been kind of "taking me back" these last couple days as i've been playing UO with the music and sounds on the entire time just to make sure it was working correctly. I've had no issues.

I'm not sure what's causing your issues with the sound, but it seems to be on your end.

Are you running multiple clients?
Is Razor auto searching for the client to another UO client, perhaps?

I'm just not sure what's causing these sound issues for you as mine seem to work fine. :(

-L/S

LeonZA

Post by LeonZA »

I just moved out all the MP3s and put in MIDIs and it is playing the music. The client hangs a second before playing a new song. It still isn't playing the region's music on initial login, becuase the packet isn't sent.

This is mind boggling. Why is my MP3 playback messed up only on The Second Age, but it works on other shards with the exact same client? And the only difference I can briefly noticed is the packet after login.
And why are the MIDIs working correctly? lol

Additional Info: I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and I have UAC disabled.
I cannot recreate these issues with a stock UOSA client. I have patched my .mp3's directly from converted .midi's off of the T2A CD just to make sure I had the exact era music files.
I had the Second Age client installed previously that I downloaded from here. It had the exact same issues. I uninstalled that client and installed ML and patched up till 5.0.9.1 to see if it might solve the issue. It didn't.
Are you running multiple clients?
No
Is Razor auto searching for the client to another UO client, perhaps?
No, I have removed all traces of the previous client

Edit: Do you know where I might find a link for the 'unpatched/unmodified' T2A installation files from the original retail CD?

Aritmetica

Post by Aritmetica »

Anyone that doesnt use dark nights is a trammel wannabe at heart, its just that they like to grief and use tools for it every now and then.

Guild chat is heresy. It was then, it is now, it will always be.

IRC should be banned along with Razor from all shards. UO Automap is well. All players using this should be placed in prison for X amount of months and be sexually degraded by guards with special needs.

I dont give a damn about what OSI let people do, they charged people to be constantly playing. Of course they would let you use automatic programs with a few restrictions.

Dont touch my balls or I will cast Armageddon with the help of a wisp and Blackthorn incarnate.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Tell us how you really feel.....

Aritmetica

Post by Aritmetica »

Enlightened!

And! Aroused with the help of good wine. The last frase still counts, dont touch.

¿What about you? 8)

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Did you patch the UOSA client up to 5.0.9.1 from it's initial 5.0.8.3 state? I do NOT patch my client.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

LeonZA wrote:Edit: Do you know where I might find a link for the 'unpatched/unmodified' T2A installation files from the original retail CD?
This prolly isn't good for my bandwidth, but: http://download.joinuo.com/Clients/
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

LeonZA wrote:Edit: Do you know where I might find a link for the 'unpatched/unmodified' T2A installation files from the original retail CD?
I also have some of these hosted. They were ripped directly from my own UO CD's. Feel free to use them if you want to save Derrick's Bandwidth. :P

Link: UO Clients

Cheers!

-L/S

LeonZA

Post by LeonZA »

Did you patch the UOSA client up to 5.0.9.1 from it's initial 5.0.8.3 state? I do NOT patch my client.
I did not patch the UOSA client, only the UOML client.
This prolly isn't good for my bandwidth, but:

Code: Select all

I also have some of these hosted. They were ripped directly from my own UO CD's. Feel free to use them if you want to save Derrick's Bandwidth. :P 
Thanks both, busy downloading it now from Light Shade's links :)