So... I got this statue from Kathiki the Rat King...

Not sure what a certain item is worth? Post a price check here!

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Nefarity

So... I got this statue from Kathiki the Rat King...

Post by Nefarity »

Hey there,

What's the going price for stuff like this?

So long,
Nef

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: So... I got this statue from Kathiki the Rat King...

Post by GuardianKnight »

Normally I would say the museum would love stuff like this but the active curator retired. I suggest you somehow magically find sebben in irc or in forums and presto chango get him to make you a reasonable offer.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

GuardianKnight wrote:Normally I would say the museum would love stuff like this but the active curator retired. I suggest you somehow magically find sebben in irc or in forums and presto chango get him to make you a reasonable offer.
O.O

I fear that I did not understand a single word of what you just said. Maybe I should have added that I'm pretty new on this shard. :D

What museum are you talking about? And who is sebben?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

private message this guy and tell him that GK said he better buy this or else!

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=724
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

GuardianKnight wrote:private message this guy and tell him that GK said he better buy this or else!

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=724
lol... why does nobody want to tell me what this thing is worth. I'm not desperate to sell it or anything. In fact, if it isn't worth a fortune or something, I'm probably going to keep it.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

It is worth 2 silver coins. Each silver coin can be sold for around 10-12k, so between 20 and 24k. If you're looking to sell, I'd be willing to split the difference and pay 22k.

Also, not many people check the "Price Check" section. You have only 40 views, of wich 4 or so are mine. I'm guessing you have some 10+, and GK another chunk, so we have very few people who have actually seen the message.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

Pirul wrote:It is worth 2 silver coins. Each silver coin can be sold for around 10-12k, so between 20 and 24k. If you're looking to sell, I'd be willing to split the difference and pay 22k.

Also, not many people check the "Price Check" section. You have only 40 views, of wich 4 or so are mine. I'm guessing you have some 10+, and GK another chunk, so we have very few people who have actually seen the message.
Thx! =)

That's true I suppose. My question was more related to the inconcrete answers* though, as I had literally no idea what this statue might be worth. Could have been anything between 500 and 500k gold as far as I was concerned.

*: I also received a PM asking me how much I want for the statue...

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I was helping you out because the museum tends to pay more than silver price for statues that hold significance to UOSA history.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5753

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yeah, you might try sebben and see if he's willing to pay much more. There are a couple of these out there, so the overprice will probably not be that much. If you were to sell to me, I'd honestly keep it in statue form to put up with my collection of trophies...alas, mine is not the UoH museum.

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

GuardianKnight wrote:I was helping you out because the museum tends to pay more than silver price for statues that hold significance to UOSA history.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5753
Wait so there is actually a place where I can turn this statue in for silver coins?

Sorry this is probably the first time ever(including OSI T2A) that I have a statue like this... =)

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

There is a vendor in a guard shack in jhelom.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Tournament masters in Jhelom and Buc's Den

Sebben
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Sebben »

Yeah, I dropped the ball on this one for sure! Teaches me a lesson for not looking in this forum.

As Pirul has already stated, the trophy is worth 2 silver coins. His pricing for the silver is spot on at 10-12k each. The museum would be interested in acquiring this for the collection, so I am prepared to offer you 5 silver coins or 50k if you would rather have gold.

-Sebben

Cattie B

Post by Cattie B »

damn and i just cashed 2 of em in for the silver :(

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

Cattie B wrote:damn and i just cashed 2 of em in for the silver :(
Heh =)

I was gonna keep mine, but this museum sounds like a cool idea and 50k is a nice offer.