Event at The Reeve Manor - Saturday 23 at 7:00 pm East

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Random

Re: Event at The Reeve Manor - Saturday 23 at 7:00 pm East

Post by Random »

Alright.

Everything will be going as mentioned in the post. Although weather has been bad all night and is not getting better. Lightning storm and hail.

In the case power goes down ( I hope not and usually wont last long ) I will open the gate as soon as power come back.

Hopefully it wont go down at exactly 7pm and I will be able to get it opened.

Cross fingers the weather get better ! And hope everyone has great fun at The Manor !

odacar

Post by odacar »

Char name= Endorbaby

Dinin

Post by Dinin »

TheManWithNoName

Post by TheManWithNoName »

huge shoutout to random and jupiter for this event!

i made it into the public gate from brit when the event officially started at 7. the maze was definitely a bit tricky to figure out in spots, on top of remembering how to get back through if you died. i probably died about 4-5 times, well at least once in each of the lower corner rooms lol.

there was so much loot to search through that you really had to pick and choose what you grabbed, or else recall/bank, then be forced to start the maze over at the beginning and risk falling behind the crowd which steadily grew.

after my 2nd or 3rd death i decided to focus on making it to the roof since it did not appear many people had made it up there yet, and in hopes of discovering fresh loot. when i first made it up to random on his throne, to my surprise, he said "tag me" and i wasn't sure if that was just for fun/congrats in making it up to the roof. well i said "tag" and was rewarded with a small house deed! i later found out that i was the 2nd to tag him, so that certainly made the event even more rewarding :)

i made a few trips through the keep, though the later ones were mostly for fun. somebody killed poor reeve jr however, but i was able to res him and save his clothes lol.
IRC: NoName

Random

Post by Random »

First of all I want to thanks everyone that showed up at the event. Things went smooth with no griefing and within the rules and I really appreciate it.

Special thanks to Jekkis for letting me squat his keep. Wouldnt have happened without him.

Abbot for the huge contribution and for having the idea for this event.

Jupiter for the superb RP pre-event. Professional work as always.

Sheer Luck, Voro, and Mark for contribution and/or help and support for the event.

Thanks to the UOSA staff members for the support and making this possible.

And of course Reeve. Whoever he is will remain a mystery but this would never have happened without his elusive behavior.

Abbot

Post by Abbot »

In case anyone didn't know... about 99% of this event was built by Random himself and a huge amount of the donations came from him. Every little thing had to be placed into chests, trapped, locked, etc, he didn't have a lot of help and he put a mass amount of his superb creativity into the design. I enjoyed the time I spent working on it with him, he's a great guy, and I'm incredibly thankful he went through and finished it. I can't even fathom how many hours he put into it. So, THANK YOU RANDOM FOR BEING AWESOME! I don't think there's anyone else who could have done the event better, and it will forever be in my memories when I reflect on my days in UO.

Also, this is jekkis' keep. We originally started this project in like January or February, and jekkis has let us use his keep (his first keep, I think) this whole time and not once complained. He's been very generous in sharing it. So THANK YOU JEKKIS!

I quit playing UO around March, I had too many things going on in my life and I was in the middle of a huge move. UO was too much of a job for me and I wasn't taking care of my real life obligations, and now I'm doing much better. I can't explain how great UOSA has been for me and I will always think of my time spent here fondly. I came back today so I could watch people explode en masse, and it's probably the greatest thing I've seen. So, I won UO I think, thanks to everyone who got me here, I hope the shard never dies. Farewell!
<Soma> He may be a pedophile, but he's a damn good smith
<Sheer_Luck> Yeah but all the hally handles smell funny.

AlexCCCP

Post by AlexCCCP »

I had the pleasure of attending, albeit late. The maze was very intricate, complex and frustrating :-)

I cannot fathom the labour that went into creating it, truly, it was astonishing. Thank you all for the event I had a blast and got a few invul items, as well as what I thought was a Tmap set but it was only like 30% complete... sneaky hehe
Salute in the name of Lost Soldiers of Darkness [LSD], Napa Valley and The Empire of Atlantic (1998)

"I don't believe in god, but I blame him for all my problems"

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Abbot wrote:In case anyone didn't know... about 99% of this event was built by Random himself and a huge amount of the donations came from him. Every little thing had to be placed into chests, trapped, locked, etc, he didn't have a lot of help and he put a mass amount of his superb creativity into the design. I enjoyed the time I spent working on it with him, he's a great guy, and I'm incredibly thankful he went through and finished it. I can't even fathom how many hours he put into it. So, THANK YOU RANDOM FOR BEING AWESOME! I don't think there's anyone else who could have done the event better, and it will forever be in my memories when I reflect on my days in UO.

Also, this is jekkis' keep. We originally started this project in like January or February, and jekkis has let us use his keep (his first keep, I think) this whole time and not once complained. He's been very generous in sharing it. So THANK YOU JEKKIS!
I second all of this! I want cannot claim any credit for this event! Random merely found me a few days before the opening debut and asked if I would be willing to type a few lines to announce the event. Being intrigued by the mysteries surrounding the Reeve manor, I graciously accepted, hoping to learn more. But this entire event was possible only due to the efforts by those in Abbot's post. I will be studying the events with Reeve Jr. and hope to provide the results of our studies shortly.

- Jupiter

Jallion

Post by Jallion »

Sorry for RSVP'ing and not being able to attend and for not notifying of my absence before-hand. Uncle Sam has a habit of deploying his workforce without any care for their non-military obligations. Hope you guys had fun and wish I had been able to make it!

Apoc

Post by Apoc »

Great event was a blast , glad it all went ok a few reds showed but were dealt with ^^

Pro

Post by Pro »

Absolutely wicked event. Glad i could contribute, though i believe i made most of my donation back by snagging reg bags from the dead.

Vittra

Post by Vittra »

The event was really cool! Thanks for all your hard work Random!

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

ATTENTION EVERYONE!

If you have awesome pics of the event please post here!

Thanks!
Attachments
A very 'chummy' man chats it up with Reeve Jr. (yes i know according to the RP story, Reeve Jr died, but in UO we can all get rezzed. Reeve Jr. just sent one of his alts to hell)
A very 'chummy' man chats it up with Reeve Jr. (yes i know according to the RP story, Reeve Jr died, but in UO we can all get rezzed. Reeve Jr. just sent one of his alts to hell)
ScreenShots2.jpg
ScreenShots3.jpg
ScreenShots3.jpg (122.67 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
ScreenShots4.jpg
ScreenShots4.jpg (134.31 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
ScreenShots5.jpg
ScreenShots6.jpg

Random

Post by Random »

Here is a few screenies.