Newb house give away!! (newbs only apply!)

Moderator: Support Moderators

jimm1432

Newb house give away!! (newbs only apply!)

Post by jimm1432 »

Ok I have a sm house placed very close to vesper. No one wanted to buy it for some reason, So i've decided to give it away to a newb!

ok, rules.
1. You cannot already own a house OR have the funds to buy your own house.
2. You must be a true newb, If you know how to save for a house in 3 days then you dont need this house.
3. This give away will require no skill to win, most likey I will just choose who is most in need.

how to enter.
Just make a post here, I want to know how long you've been on the server and maybe some details about you uo history.

What do you win?

I'm gonna call it a newbie starter pack, It's the sm house already placed and inside I've added Anvil / Forge / Spinning Wheel / Loom / Training Dummy / Safety wall / GM lockable chest / Town rune book / Dungeon rune book. Also If I can find one a boat of some kind.

Everything you need to safely train chars and store you goods!

Here is basically what you getting! As you can see the town is even visible on the map it's so close. great little spot!

OK guys there you go, enjoy and please remember this is for a newb that NEEDS it not just wants it or plain greedy bastards (it's only a sm guys!)..... Give away ends when I think we have a good player to receive the prize!

If I find a week after give away a long term player tricked his way into winning the prize, I will place archer bots by the door till it falls :lol:

GrandmastahSexi

Re: Newb house give away!! (newbs only apply!)

Post by GrandmastahSexi »

Heyooo
Im not so good at this giveaway thing, Im not DESPERATE for a house but it would certainly help me out..
Ive been on this server for like two weeks now, started playing with my brothers and its been difficult to get money since PKs here seem to enjoy dry looting.

UO History? Wow.. I started UO when it was entering the UO:R phase (i believe i still have the cd) and eventually stopped playing because of the weird shit they kept adding. After a break from UO I started searching for freeshards and landed on Hybrid, played there.. then hopped on Divinity, then Revelation and then just quit.. Found this server and the yearnin' came back so here I am :)

So.. Yeah.. Thats it
Hope I win :D

Kahsu

Post by Kahsu »

Hey Jimm.

Very nice, rare and generous initiative.

Thought I would test my luck on this.
I've been around on this server just under a week, together with my gf.
Its no secret that a home would surely speed up a newbies progress and some protection from the occasional griefer.

As for my history, used to play on Drachenfels, from near launch till about 2 months after trammel came up.
Spent most of my time in a pvm guild which later branched out into a pk hunting guild, knightly stuff.

Could never quite forget about this game, its still unmatched. So, here we are, taking this chance for a rematch. :)

In any case, good luck to the newb crowd, and thanks for the opertunity.

Grim_Fandango

Post by Grim_Fandango »

I'd like to toss my name into the pool. :D

Been playing on the server on/off for about 3 weeks. Really enjoy it from a nostalgia aspect. It was the game that got me started playing MMOs back in 98-99. Played until midway through UO:R. The game was never really as fun as back during original release and T2A. Unfortunately it seemed to get worse with each progressing expansion. I even tried playing a trial period of the newest release of UO and hated it.

I spent all of my time entirely on Great Lakes with some RL friends. Been trying like hell to pull them back. LOL!

Anyway, having a house would be awesome. I'm not in dire need of it as I've learned to live with just a bank, but it sure would be a great place for training new characters.

Tritan

Post by Tritan »

I am a returning player and sadly I probably qualify as a noob. Been playing for 3 or 4 weeks now, a Returning addict from back in the day and loving it so far. I played on Chessy and then for some reason changed to Wakouou (sp?) an asian server because it was a new server.

The main reason I haven't bought my own house is because I have been working on my skills. From what I have read it can be hard to place a house on the server so I wasn't in any rush. Unfortunately magery and smithing are expensive as hell and working up skills in town definitely does not help. I would gladly give you all the money I have (around 12k) if that helps my chances. :)

PS - If I dont win can you tell me the secret of how to save for a house in 3 days?

trammie

Post by trammie »

I am a new player on my 3rd week.

I am hoping to bring more of my multi gaming clan with me to this server and the further I have progressed the more that have decided to join me on UOSA. As of current it began with just 2 of my clan and now I am up to 5 members actively playing with me. I am hoping to have at least 10-15 members join up within the next month.

I do already own a house bought with gold I farmed. But I would still like this second house for numerous reasons:

I have shown the initiative it takes to survive on this server, dieing multiple times to murderers while farming gold I was not disheartened. This did not stop me I always come back for more.

I have taken in numerous new players shown them how to macro skills (melee, barding skills, healing, etc) and even provided them with bandages and supplies to do so.

The current house I hold is far from a city and near farming spots so friends have a safe spot to store their goods they obtain hunting. I would like a house for people to train/craft in and this one nearby vesper is perfect for it considering its close proximity to our hunting home near cove. I would be able to keep my new player army in close proximity of each other to defend each other.

Finally I hope to help the server grow with the gaming videos I make of my playtime.

TLDR:
Yes I do already own a house but that doesn't take away from the fact that I am still a new player just one with a little more initiative if you ask me. ;)

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

trammie wrote: I do already own a house bought with gold I farmed. But I would still like this second house for numerous reasons:
1. read rule 1
2. read rule 2
3. GTFO

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Tritan wrote: PS - If I dont win can you tell me the secret of how to save for a house in 3 days?
There's no secret, there is unlimited ways to make gold in uo, but for example you could make a new char with 50 tailoring, go to the tanners with your 100 gold and buy 50 leather. with that 50 leather make as many leather items as possable, sell to NPC for large profit, around 600-800 gold a time. buy more hides and repeat. thats with a new char with no risk and within a day you could GM tailoring and have 40-50k.

the same could be done for MANY skills like bowers / blacksmithing / tinkering etc

of coarse the fastest way to get gold would be with a tamer or bard but you need the char first :P

personally I'm not rich in game, I keep a float of around 500k and only farm gold/sell stuff once I'm low on gold. It's only when your a rare/pixel whore that need to rack them millions up.

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

Just started sat. night. I played on gl from June 98-June 2001. I tried coming back when aos came out and quit after a few weeks because of how much of a mess they turned it into. It's been surreal replaying this game, I was only 16 when I started now I'm 30 trying to relive that youth I guess. Off topic what kind of a person kills a bard in town wearing a death shroud already? a smarter man would at least let me build some skills so I can get out there sooner, then kill me :D
Great Lakes 1998-2001

RichIX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RichIX »

Hello, My name is Rich, I started back in 1999 on the Dracs shard but left in 2006 came back to UO normal shard hated it, found UO 2nd age and have been mining to save some money to buy a house I currently have 25k saved up and looking to buy a house so I can train my other characters skills I totally forgot how hard it is to start from scratch!!
Been active on this server on and off for 6 months and not one house to call my own! Minoc Bank is my home :)

Rich
GM Lockpicker at your Service

Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Hi i started less than a week ago, i use to play on Chesapeake (Elwood, Darksaber, Harry) prolly my most well known chars if any of you people from there and back then remember me :P. started around the time of T2A and played for many many years until a 3 years ago stopped playing but left account open. Finally just shut it down a few months ago after not being on it for years. Anyways I always missed the old Days of when i started while playing, stumbled upon this place and been having fun again ever since. It truly is amazing that there is no other game like this.
House would be nice to work my toons up and get back into the swing of the old days

PhAt AbBotT
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by PhAt AbBotT »

Nice to see some old Drachenfels players here :-).
When buying from me, always look for the guild tag [UHH] above my name.

Click here to view my previous house sales!

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

sign me up
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

get entering guys! I'm going to choose the winner tomorrow!

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

RichIX wrote:Hello, My name is Rich, I started back in 1999 on the Dracs shard but left in 2006 came back to UO normal shard hated it, found UO 2nd age and have been mining to save some money to buy a house I currently have 25k saved up and looking to buy a house so I can train my other characters skills I totally forgot how hard it is to start from scratch!!
Been active on this server on and off for 6 months and not one house to call my own! Minoc Bank is my home :)

Rich

I'm going to give the house to rich, when your ready to claim the house hit me up on IRC Jimm.

Sorry everyone else but I had to choose someone!