What do you remember from UO: Renaissance

Topics related to Second Age
xantier

What do you remember from UO: Renaissance

Post by xantier »

it seems most people like it except trammel, people claim it's better than t2a in any ways except the trammel change. i have never played either t2a or uor. can you please share what you remember, i always wonder how craft menus looked like after t2a, before transparent ones. i really want to do a research about uor, is there anything like uo.stratics i can also look at with web.archive ?
Image Image

Causa Mortis

Re: What do you remember from UO: Renaissance

Post by Causa Mortis »

Attachments
048.460x325.jpg
048.460x325.jpg (10.22 KiB) Viewed 3993 times
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

xantier

Post by xantier »

should we laugh at this hater fanboy ? i hate all kinds of fanboiz
Image Image

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Samorite »

Wiki here --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worlds_of_ ... ine#Worlds

not much on UO:R all i can remember is when care bare land opened I managed to place a small in fell :)

Causa Mortis

Post by Causa Mortis »

I had to google fanboy. You asked what people remembered, it was poop.
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

Clx
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clx »

UO:R was terrible, unless you played Siege.

Trammel itself was terrible, and just as bad are all the things that having Trammel caused either directly or indirectly - broken economy foremost amongst them. Tamers farming all day, no risk from PKs (or anything). Genius. Worst UO period until SAMURAI ELFMAN ONLINE era.

Probably haven't really answered your questions, but I'll take any chance I can to complain about UO:R!

Samorite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Samorite »

tentacles of the harrower in khaldun was fun always reds there

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Clx wrote:UO:R was terrible, unless you played Siege.

Trammel itself was terrible, and just as bad are all the things that having Trammel caused either directly or indirectly - broken economy foremost amongst them. Tamers farming all day, no risk from PKs (or anything). Genius. Worst UO period until SAMURAI ELFMAN ONLINE era.

Probably haven't really answered your questions, but I'll take any chance I can to complain about UO:R!
The economy was broken long before UOR....

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

xantier wrote:it seems most people like it except trammel, people claim it's better than t2a in any ways except the trammel change. i have never played either t2a or uor. can you please share what you remember, i always wonder how craft menus looked like after t2a, before transparent ones. i really want to do a research about uor, is there anything like uo.stratics i can also look at with web.archive ?
I think there were a lot of good additions post T2a. Healing changes, class changes (Arms lore, wrestle, etc), pet changes, housing changes, new mounts, etc. etc.

IMHO, trammel and skill-scrolls where the 2 most negative updates. A tough thing with this shard (and others like it) is there is no room for growth or change.

I personally wouldnt mind keeping a t2a ruleset with some of the post t2a addtions... Unfortunately, that could never be (and shouldnt be) considered here.

xantier

Post by xantier »

actually implementing combat changes of uor on t2a would be the best because there are only a few templates do a remarkable job in this shard and it annoys me. wrestling is useless, 2 handeds are used for only prehit, 2348972 sec healing. i think uor combat is the best.
Image Image

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

They put these little rocks in game, and then there was no one to kill anymore.

The end....
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

THe only thing I cared about UO was that it was everchanging and you didn't know what would come next. It was great until trammel came...on siege it was great until AOS ruined it. There was no trammel on siege. The one thing that this shard truly lacks is an ever changing world.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

i remember everyone running into brit moongate and server line hopping and thinking "god i hate newb pvpers"
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

UO:R Was the beginning of the end of Ultima Online. By end, I mean the end of UO being a good game to play.

Although I am not sure of the exact time when Origin sold their game to EA, I'm sure it was right around the time of UO:R. UO:R is essentially an EA version of Ultima Online.

I believe that EA absolutely ruined UO and transformed it into a completely different game.

Also, FYI Telemons UO:R Shard is a piece of crap.

JUST SAYIN'

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Garriot sold Origin to EA in 1992.

I believe shard advertising/bashing is against the forum ToS.. just saying.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE