What happened to the events? Derrick can we get them back?

Topics related to Second Age
DoogieFresh

What happened to the events? Derrick can we get them back?

Post by DoogieFresh »

What happaned to the events survival game rocked! Can we get them back Derrick?

ScoobyDoO

Re: What happened to the events? Derrick can we get them bac

Post by ScoobyDoO »

I don't understand why people just don't throw the keyword "event" in the search bar to check out the other 500 posts just like this. Shame on you sir, shame on you!!!!!!!
Last edited by ScoobyDoO on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

People are stupid is what happened. Era nazis cant distinguish between a mini-game and actual game play. Blame the Hemperors of the world.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Fnocker

Post by Fnocker »

DOUG E FRESH?

HoneyBadger

Post by HoneyBadger »

Even if he searched and found the other posts, the fact that we keep seeing these posts should be a red flag to Derrick and the other GM's that we need events back.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

HoneyBadger wrote:Even if he searched and found the other posts, the fact that we keep seeing these posts should be a red flag to Derrick and the other GM's that we need events back.
"Need"?

HoneyBadger

Post by HoneyBadger »

Ok need was the wrong word. The shard's doing fine without them. But it would be fun and there's people who would participate. I obviously don't know what the level of effort is for putting one together. I'm sure it's not that easy.

Apoc

Post by Apoc »

I been here over two yrs now tried to help a lot of players stay get set up and running etc, the events coming back would imo make a huge difference. I've spoken with a lot of players here and with the events, everyone i have spoken to would even do these on a non reward system basically just for fun. I thought events were a great part of this shard, and would love to see them come back was a lot of fun and yes people came for silver, but i think putting the events back and having no rewards would be something to consider.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

Player run events aren't illegal. If the players say there is a problem with the lack of events, perhaps the players should start running them.

Automated events focus the population, both in time and place, which leaves the rest of the day and playing area deserted.

eggmona

Post by eggmona »

I think it should be noted that a short term player is not a long term player.

this might seem irrelevant, and obvious, but I think its pretty important when considering permanent changes to the server simply because short term players thought it sounded more fun.

I guess what I'm saying is that, a new player having more fun does not fully imply that the new player would become a long term player; they could just as easily remain a short term player. New players being short term is almost inherently more likely because this game is OLD. We shouldn't look only at the new players perspective of events, and actually we might even be better off ignoring a short term players thoughts on events.

HoneyBadger

Post by HoneyBadger »

Wow yeah that's the way to think about how to grow a shard....let's ignore the new players because they haven't been around that long and will probably quit....

That's retarded.

Apoc

Post by Apoc »

eggmona wrote:I think it should be noted that a short term player is not a long term player.

this might seem irrelevant, and obvious, but I think its pretty important when considering permanent changes to the server simply because short term players thought it sounded more fun.

I guess what I'm saying is that, a new player having more fun does not fully imply that the new player would become a long term player; they could just as easily remain a short term player. New players being short term is almost inherently more likely because this game is OLD. We shouldn't look only at the new players perspective of events, and actually we might even be better off ignoring a short term players thoughts on events.

as i said i have been here a long time and the people i spoke to are NOT new players but regardless of whether they are new or not this about helping keep the newer players here and thats from an old player ^^

POTHEAD

Post by POTHEAD »

Not only has there not been any events, the past few i don't think anyone got a trophy :(

Kriav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kriav »

HoneyBadger wrote:Wow yeah that's the way to think about how to grow a shard....let's ignore the new players because they haven't been around that long and will probably quit....

That's retarded.
I see a lot of ppl in that NEW guild. It surprises me to so many new players. I guess why the shard population isnt steadily rising is retention.

I am guessing NEW will help in retention. I wish I had that when I started :) But unlike a lot of ppl I am glutton for punishment. 'Cause this game is *hard* and takes time to learn the mechanics.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

archaicsubrosa77 said:
People are stupid is what happened. Era nazis cant distinguish between a mini-game and actual game play. Blame the Hemperors of the world.
couldnt have said it better my self, i agree whole <3edly.... events were definitely a big plus in the world of secondage. It gave the people that were established something fun to do... not to mention one of the only ways to get a good fight without somebody offscreening...

every since the events were taken away, its nothing but gank grief new player killing, if anything i think u bring back events, and it would give new players a reason to stick around....
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit