Crystal balls and spell casting

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
meltedmantis

Crystal balls and spell casting

Post by meltedmantis »

Crystal balls were used as magery targets for training in houses..... Here you can not cast on them...
Here you can cast on boxes.... for skill... you had to use a crystal ball i'm pretty sure.

If anyone can back me up, ill do some digging to see if / when this was patched

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Crystal balls and spell casting

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

I remember casting on dem balls too.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:I remember casting on dem balls too.

How could you cast on dem when dey was in yo mouf??
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

You could (and can here) target anything with your offensive spell cursor, including crystal balls, to raise magery.

Crystals balls being a common target was not much different to people eating fish steaks to help with skill gain; it made no difference.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

would be cool if they absorbed the hundreds of EB's and FS's and if someone clicked on them it would unleash the fury on them..

But yeah nightshark is right, you can cast offensive spells on them and gain, but why not use those spells to gain resist?
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

meltedmantis

Post by meltedmantis »

Your right you can cast on them here. I could not because mine was on a table, and it gives "this is not accessible". The primary question I was asking is, if in era you could cast on everything like here, because I thought that was a feature of the crystal ball.
Nothing to do with what one could or should do.

"Crystals balls being a common target was not much different to people eating fish steaks to help with skill gain; it made no difference."

I have a feeling this is likely the case.