Do you enjoy the PVP mechanics of UOSA

Post by Guerrilla »

^
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Bee

Re: Do you enjoy the PVP mechanics of UOSA

Post by Bee »

Do I like everything about the pvp style? No I hate the fact mini heal is so over powered. But over all I like it. That's why I play here.

The way I see it anyone voting NO.... Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

nice commy outlook lol
Halleluyah

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

I guess its era accurate but its pretty stale
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nystal »

I enjoy it, I remember when Insta Hit was removed on OSI and my GM Swords became useless and my mage felt lost.

Sure over the years on UOSA folks have perfected it (I still suck) but this was one of the better PvP eras on not only UO, but any game I played in my opinion.
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

I voted yes, even though there's room for improvement regarding some of the mechanic accuracies but that's for another thread.
Bee wrote:Do I like everything about the pvp style? No I hate the fact mini heal is so over powered. But over all I like it. That's why I play here.
I don't feel it's overpowered at all and it even feels accurate to me. Spells are very good at nullifying mini heal spam but no one knows how to utilize them properly. Mini heal is mainly for countering one hander warriors and mages with 35+ dex that try to harm+hally+harm+hally their opponent to death.
I guess its era accurate but its pretty stale
Whenever talking about UO pvp, it's assumed we're speaking mainly about mage pvp because it contains significantly more "skill" to play than a dex monkey. The pvp mechanics on UOSA are the best free servers have ever seen, the problem is most of the mages have apparently forgotten how to pvp since OSI in 1999.

Freight Elevator

Halbu wrote:The pvp mechanics on UOSA are the best free servers have ever seen
I respectfully disagree
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Freight Elevator wrote:I guess its era accurate but its pretty stale
I don't think it is era accurate. I'm not sold on the accuracy of the halberd mechanic.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I find T2A pvp mechanics boring and unimaginative which is one of the reasons I don't pvp here.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

i think archery is outta wack.... but evidentally it's in the demo... idk how comparable the demo is to actual live t2a OSI
Halleluyah

illmatic

Post by illmatic »

The people bored with pvp here seem so have been playin uo non stop since the 90s. I would be bored too.

Freight Elevator

MatronDeWinter wrote: I don't think it is era accurate. I'm not sold on the accuracy of the halberd mechanic.
As in cycling weaps? I actually don't remember it at all but I didn't really learn pvp until UOR.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Wrestling, resist, and recall always work for me, even if I need the occasional invis item!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Freight Elevator wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote: I don't think it is era accurate. I'm not sold on the accuracy of the halberd mechanic.
As in cycling weaps? I actually don't remember it at all but I didn't really learn pvp until UOR.
It's not in the demo, and I don't see any magical patch note that justifies it's existence. I played almost entirely during T2A and I got into scuffles quite often, but I never remember having people, even the best pvper on pacific, trying to hally-joust me. T2A pvp was slower paced, and by that, I don't mean the connection is the issue (though it certainly is).

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

true the pvp during t2a has nothing to hold over UO:R and later other than no blessed weapons/armor, no insurance items. I remember double hit being a wow factor in t2a pvp- server wars was the time during t2a that you dupe'd things- remember walking in limbo with the item on cursor? and in bank still? cuz the bank saved first than your char. Was lots of nasty mass bands due to that exploit (during t2a and after i'm sure)

but the pvp mechanics on UOSA is very very close to my memory of t2a on OSI servers. It's the best I've come across yet. LONG LIVE UOSA!