Blacksmith Crafting system

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Deziredvisions

Blacksmith Crafting system

Post by Deziredvisions »

Ok... just curious, what is it with the being able to craft GM plate armor here. I understand it is the hardest to make, but I'm finding it real hard to believe that it is somewhat, quite bugged at the amount of ingots I burn through, at GM skill level, trying to crafting GM plate armor chest & Helms (mostly). I swear I burned through 600 ingots just trying to create a closed plate helm. I only went through this many ingots because I was just curious to see how many it would take or if it would even be possible, again, to craft a gm closed plate helm. I mean I burn through some ingots just trying to make a suit. I do not think it should go through this many ingots just trying to make gm suits. I mean I don't believe in getting them all on the first try but after making 30 pieces of one item trying to get it with GM insignia, I think that is a bit much. Is this truely era accurate, or does it need some attn.? Anyone else noticing this?

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Blacksmith Crafting system

Post by mrbojangles »

Well your sample size is way too small to form any sort of conclusion. You just had bad luck. It's possible to make a suit where you create exceptional on the first try, every time. I think on average you will burn about 200 ingots for a suit.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Deziredvisions

Post by Deziredvisions »

mrbojangles wrote:Well your sample size is way too small to form any sort of conclusion. You just had bad luck. It's possible to make a suit where you create exceptional on the first try, every time. I think on average you will burn about 200 ingots for a suit.
200 ingots per suit is totally acceptable, but 600 per item to get it GM made quality (plate helm)? That's 3x's what it would take to make your full suit. I guess you can say bad luck, but man, what a run I got on that item. Anyways thanks for the reply. If you haven't noticed anything from this sort then I guess it is my bad luck, but this is not the first time I notice this. Just the first time I took the time to come here and post about it.

Duul al'Vath
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Duul al'Vath »

I remember that the % chance to create an exceptional plate chest (@ 100 skill) was 5% on the production servers.

I can't say that it necessarily was the whole time but I also can't say that I ever remember it being changed.

I have been keeping a log of my plate chest success and currently I have averaged 63.5 ingots per GM chest piece.

And as a side note, You really shouldn't bother with Plate helms. They are the exact same protection as a closed or norse helm but at the cost of -1 Dex.

Thelonious Black and Otmar the Mad of the UBB
Arms & Armor by Thelonious Black