How about a Hybrid Assassin?

Topics related to Second Age
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

How about a Hybrid Assassin?

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Fencing, Tactics, Mage 90, Resist 90, Wrestling 90, Healing, Meditation 80, Poisoning 50
95 strength 70 dex 60 intelligence

Just an idea, looking for feedback. I know its like low chance to poison with regular poison. I would have a DPed weapon, it's just to reapply on the field to conserve mana in healing and instead of casting poison while utilizing dexxer type stamina.

A fielder/group fighter, its not for solo exactly
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

okgoace

Re: How about a Hybrid Assassin?

Post by okgoace »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Fencing, Tactics, Mage 90, Resist 90, Wrestling 90, Healing, Meditation 80, Poisoning 50
95 strength 70 dex 60 intelligence

Just an idea, looking for feedback. I know its like low chance to poison with regular poison. I would have a DPed weapon, it's just to reapply on the field to conserve mana healing and casting poison.
Couple things here, bare with me if its sloppy. Poisoning at 50, if you can just gm poisoning on another character and poison alot of weapons, that would be more efficient. This would leave you with Fencing, Tactics, Magery, Resist, Wrestling, Healing, Med -you can GM ALL. as far as stats , i would go 100,80,45.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

If I had a high end fencing weapon I would DP that at home first. This is just to keep it poisoned even after its uses are up. 60 intel is good with 80 med. It allows for seventh circle and two greater heals almost immediately after. I can boost dex to 90 with a greater agility pot.

Because it lacks anatomy I think it's better to be equipped with magic weapons. Lacking eval and primarily vs. dexxers one of the spells that would be utilized would be poison. Being I want to conserve mana in hopes of casting MS, or CL if possible, having both healing and poisoning helps.

Well that's the idea anyway.

60 intel allows me to immediately...recall into an area, precast chain lightning and whenever I decide to cast that spell I am all ready to greater heal or soon after if I am feebleminded or cursed.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

Interesting idea, I really don't think utilizing the 50 poisoning is worth the template. Hybrid templates seem to be only a niche thing here and not as effective as some servers.

I would try something with macing so you can utilize staffs for healing, lightning, fireball etc.

With a hybrid I always went with 90 tactics jsut making sure i had a bunch of magic weps +10 and better.

90 Tactics 100 Macing 80 Anatomy 80 Healing 100 Eval 90 Resist 85 magery 75 Med

You can change that around quite a bit to favor your playstyle and again the template shown above has weak points but its a fun balance that could be very tough to kill and surprise some people out there.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

Horngold

Post by Horngold »

One, you can't even apply deadly poison at that skill. And two, even if you did, your chance of actually injecting the poison into your enemies would be halved.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I began to realize maybe the healing advantages might not be worth it so the same type of idea as above but more in line with a Tank skill set but poisoning instead of evaluating intelligence. A Nox mage but here just to use it on weaponry as it does not have effect on casting.

Before I had only considered the randomness of the poison and to see it only as a nuisance but being able to DP would have advantages especially with the short spear having the same speed as wrestling. I hadn't in mind to use DP. And really on the field greater poison would be more reliable to keep it toxic. I haven't time for failures. So initially it would be DPed but after I would GP it.

I need to be able to heal myself and others why magery and med is important. I would still be able to synch but having only 7th circle for damage output.