Dress Downs contest! 160k in prizes!

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Dress Downs contest! 160k in prizes!

Post by keelonzo »

:arrow: 2nd submission

"So many colors in the UO rainbow - don't be afraid to let your colors shine!"
Don't be afraid to let your colors shine!
Don't be afraid to let your colors shine!
downsoustfit.jpg (222.72 KiB) Viewed 2326 times

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Downs wrote:Go ahead and add another submission I suppose. Rules are meant to be broken! With that said, I'll extend the deadline to tomorrow at midnight in case any of you want to add another submission, for the sake of being fair.

Vega, post it here if you would. I deleted your private submission so fast!
BOO! Just declare my fine outfit the winner, or you're out of the guild!

(Also, a number of entries are not made entirely of newbie clothing...)

Downs

Post by Downs »

Shut up chum. Hold your own fashion show and stop gk-ing my thread
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Downs wrote:Shut up chum. Hold your own fashion show and stop gk-ing my thread
WTB White hats

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Why newbied? You want exceptional pieces with leather gloves and gorget. It provides rather nice ar with very little mana regeneration negotiated having protection for all areas you may be hit. With protection (spell) added the ar closely rivals a dexxer suit. Magic armor as well can be added in with the gloves and gorget which a higher overall AR will by my understanding lessen the damage of purple potions not just in protecting these areas specifically.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

DRUSK42

Post by DRUSK42 »

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

A second submission? Never!! It would only prove a lack of faith in my latest work, the Downs Exploding Colors suit. It's one of Franz Pfniffel's great works of art, not simply clothes and colors but with a deeper meaning to it. It's not replacable with any other suit but tailored, in style and color, to match Downs's person to the fullest. Heart and soul is put into this! The second submissions makes me even more certain of being worthy the first prize of this fine fashion contest.

Cheers Mr Downs!
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

archaic, stop it. You have zero understanding of the mechanics of this game. Seriously, just stop it. Applying overly complex logic to various aspects of the game doesn't work when your ideas have absolutely no relation to the way the game actually works.

Just

stop it

plsssss
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I couldn't decide whether a fancy shirt or the sarcastic overtone of a jester suit was more fitting, so I did both.

Edit: Oh yeah, jester tunics naturally have a green sleeve to match your hat. That also influenced it.

Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Noobied jester tunics?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

Let him hang!!
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

Downs

Post by Downs »

Less than 3 hours until there's one hour left!

Still accepting last minute submissions. I'm assuming the last minute submissions took so long because of how epic they are

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

I pride myself on the dressing of my characters, so I decided to design an outfit for Mr Downs.

These outfits, although simple, will make you look great as you deprive our citizens of there poorly secured items. Though most of the shirtless forego the shirt to leave space for potential magical items, I feel that the lack of a shirt will allow you to show of your sexy, well toned body. I realize that both feature a gold necklace to accent the gold on the hat. I would like to provide this item to you with the outfit. If you happen to use a necklace of magical properties, you can of course remove it temporarily. The great thing about this outfit is it would look great with any necklace you might use.

The outfit I'm going to start with consists of gold short pants, and a green apron. I feel that the pants and the apron extend the gold/green coloring of the hat, beyond what a strictly green outfit would.

This next one would be better if you wanted to have a more formal outing. The gold skirt and green pants follow the same color scheme as the above outfit, while proving to your victims that you are badass enough to wear a skirt. On anyone else, I might see a bit of laughter stemming from a male character wearing a skirt, but with Downs, it would actually express a statement. That statement, of course, being "You think this skirt makes me less manly? Come at me and say something about it, so you can see what it looks like in Black and White!"

I believe you can also wear pants under the skirt, so if you need to wear some magical pants, they could be worn without disturbing the outfit.

Now, if you prefer, these can be considered 2 separate entries. However the actual intention is for both to be included as one solid entry for use in different occasions. The short pants would be useful for the warmer days, and casual encounters. The skirt is intended to be a formal version of the same outfit. Both include the dye tubs used to make them, so that you can dye any magical clothing you might want to wear to keep the outfit color scheme solid. 8)
Last edited by Atraxi on Wed May 01, 2013 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Downs

Post by Downs »

Contest closed. Results will be posted by Thursday night

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

chainsoar wrote:archaic, stop it. You have zero understanding of the mechanics of this game. Seriously, just stop it. Applying overly complex logic to various aspects of the game doesn't work when your ideas have absolutely no relation to the way the game actually works.
Just
stop it
plsssss
http://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/clothing.html

You can absorb 7 hp with a hit to the chest with a non exceptional Jester's suit...not mentioning the protection spell. (let me guess you use RA constantly against clumsy tourney tanks your grandmother could outrun right?) But as you were...newbie clothe yourself and brandish your practice weapon.

Overall AR was supposed to absorb damage from full body physical attacks such as opening chests or purple pots rather then body and limbs from weapons...of course the developers focused on whining brats rather then perfecting their work. So whether or not it was fully implemented by this era is beyond me.

You can listen or not. You can focus on war, or your retro 80's day glo glamor you parade around the bank in if you like. Just thought you may pay some attention that there are no more tournaments and fast regen is not as mandatory as is absorbing damage being no longer caged in like little cocks in a box made to fight forcing you to meditate in range of your opponent rather then gain it back on the run.

The time you take to meditate to heal before in tourney, a g-heal potion can as easily be chugged...and yes on the field that is allowed dear Trammy. Of course being a thief the only thing you are afraid of fumbling is your recall rune from your pack...and have no use for weapons or need to make up for sacrificed strength for dex in order to have an edge.

I almost forgot this is a townie rogues thread...of course the items must be newbied how silly of me
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.