death via bug

Topics related to Second Age
farnk

death via bug

Post by farnk »

so i finally die after going on a massacre with Icon. the only thing is; i have no clue how this happend.

me and fwerp were pking in the ophidian lair and chased some guy through the swamp area. we were in the process of getting out to recall when i just happened to step on a tile which led me to go underground. i could not teleport anywhere, i resynched my client multiple times but still couldn't do anything. i healed through a drake and ophid and finally got invis to cast. after more attempts of trying to teleport (can't recall where i was) i decided to use the help menu to go to the chaos shrine. needless to say i was frozen, and after i was revealed it was over with.

yeah, i got owned. i'm dead in stat and lost a ton of good stuff, oh well lol. but me and fwerp have never experienced this and were wondering what the hell is up with it? is it a bugged tile or is there some way to prevent this?

open source screen capture

image hosting without registration

Capitalist

Re: death via bug

Post by Capitalist »

That sucks. I've had this happen to me before, and I just opened up a gate and dclicked out.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

farnk

Post by farnk »

it wouldn't let me gate from where i was. i tried literally every option before trying the help menu and admitting defeat. lol ;[

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Karma Bug? :D

seriously though...as one who hateses the PKs...statloss from a bug is pretty damn lame...

sorry to hear it
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Populus

Post by Populus »

You should have been able to teleport out. Also your friend could have put an object above you and you could have teleported to it.

Hilarious nonetheless!
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Sinkhole! They're EVERYWHERE these days.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Populus wrote:You should have been able to teleport out. Also your friend could have put an object above you and you could have teleported to it.

Hilarious nonetheless!
Yeah, and if that didn't work, I'd go fall in the hole with another char and kill the mobs/invis the PK. Eitherway, I will probably go have a look for this hole this evening so I can avoid it. If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

ib4 cave explorer
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

I've fallen into situations a few times back in that ophidian area but always teleported out. I'm guessing you just died before you found a spot you could actually tele too.

Sucks =/
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

That's total bs. I'd be jacked man, gmd should let you res without stat due to that crap. I ne'er had this happen to me but if it did I'd be mad as hell.

Ps
Farnk did you try relogging at all? Did you also try dismounting and porting?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Meh, not really, he could have easily escaped..
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Pro

Post by Pro »

and how would you easily escape that?

inb4 "not telling u it's my super awesome secret"

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Cast invis and then get your bard, or hally mage, or tamer

Then either kill the mobs, or just pull their agro, or give yourself an invis item if you ran out/forgot to stock

Drop a reg on the floor on the alt char so you can target it to teleport up.. if you cant see it with CTRL shift, maybe even save an absolute target macro to teleport out

Or maybe just use (Stuck).. then use your bard to keep you invis'd

Or use (stuck) and use your invis item

Basically the only way you die here is if you just go 'Fuck it I'll just cast invis and then use help stuck, hopefully it is faster than 2 minutes'

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

What Eo said.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

[Uhh] Eo wrote: Drop a reg on the floor on the alt char so you can target it to teleport up.. if you cant see it with CTRL shift, maybe even save an absolute target macro to teleport out
Mind explaining this a little better?
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Downs

Post by Downs »

Freight Elevator wrote:
[Uhh] Eo wrote: Drop a reg on the floor on the alt char so you can target it to teleport up.. if you cant see it with CTRL shift, maybe even save an absolute target macro to teleport out
Mind explaining this a little better?
you can get to all sorts of cool places by teleporting to items. drop a spider silk or something u can walk on onto the ground
cast teleport, hold ctrl+shift and click the name of the item u dropped on the ground. you teleport to it
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!