PvP suggestions

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: PvP suggestions

Post by ecetres »

bOmb wrote: I see your point. I really dont think it is that bad, but in tournaments where dexers are able to carry vanqs/powers AND/OR use pots to stay cured basically tells mages to stay away. Field fighting is very different I have already killed AlphaMale and Durial at the same time so I dont think we need MORE dmg or anything, just precast and a fair chance in tournaments/events. I still think that the gain rate on mediation with leather on needs to be looked at.

Its been so long, and I've played on so many free shards since then, but it feels like mana regen is slower than normal period. Even at 97.9 meditation it feels like its crawling. I also agree that meditation with leather needs to be looked at. I think both would help a good deal in the balance for dexxer vs mage without making any other changes.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

do0m

Post by do0m »

Just be happy the dexers dont have weapon procs... Spear stun, Macing concision, Axe double hit.

As i said in a previous post, this was the time when dexers pwned most casters. Dexer PvPing is simple minded.. about as easy as playing pacman, all they have to do is follow you and stay close.

http://www.wtfman.com/flash/commovie.htm

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Wow guys, I'm sorry I came in on this late but this is a great discussion and I really appreciate you all keeping it on topic and productive rather than having in degenerate into name calling. I know that's kind of an over the top statement, but many threads like this have gone south fast, and this one was really a pleasure to read.

I spent most of my time in bed last night thinking myself about what the problem with PvP is (yea, I dream UO too). I know that there is some element that seems "off" but I haven't been able to put my finger on it. The pre-cast targeting may very well be part of it. I played a lot of UO during the entirety of T2A and did my share or PvP, but at the same time, like most others at that time, I had no idea what I was really doing and certainly did not have a "method", or at least I don't remember understanding a lot of the pre-cast, arm/disarm etc. When I came back to freeshards, I knew that something was up, but couldn't exactly but my finger on what the differences were.

We are pretty certain at this point that weapon/combat damages, swing delays and AR are correct. So if something is wrong it will probably be found in the spell system.

I want the pre-cast and armed targeting to be right. I'm going to have to do some research to find out what is/was right, and when it changed. If anyone has any info from patch notes/whatnot, please post links in here. I'll be diligently doing research to find out what I can to answer these questions. And yes, we do want it "The Way It Was". However it was, with complete disregard to whether "It" was balanced or not.

It is a good point that field fights are much different than tourney fights, tele and para alone can make a big difference in the field.

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

true but i suggest mages get a little more protection, and have medable armor leather armor :D
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Dupre[THG] wrote:true but i suggest mages get a little more protection, and have medable armor leather armor :D
Free Med leather is completely out of the realm of possibility. It's right in there with no heal though poison, Stun-Punch, Para-Blows AR changes and other UO:R prep.
These are changes we will not implement:Combat Enhancements

platy

Post by platy »

thanks for looking into it derrick, On the medable armor note, I really don't remember it being so slow- could be wrong, but in t2a era you used to be able to med through studded and THAT was slow regen. We just think mana regenerates too slow when you actually meditate (not passive) with one peice of leather on.
Dupre, remember that UO is an "auto" patching game, I was just about to say the exact opposite to you: Buying the T2A box and installing it doesn't mean your playing T2A, you are required to patch prior to playing and watching the uo movie was usually an option you could control to skip or not, nevertheless, i sincerely doubt you were good enough by the time UOR came out to remember.. but I could be wrong and sorry if I am.

Derrick i'll start looking for the old patch notes, I found an old forum on changes made in the early 99 era, but it looks like parties and factions were already in development..

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

yes i do remember, i also remember buying the UO:R game when it first came out with its white box and the flap opened up to tell about 4 different UO players, and yes i was decent enough to pvp was far from best but i was decent enought to be involved..

PS: Atlantic shard
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

I honestly think this shard will BOOST with true precast, only shard with it. :shock:

And on this topic: I think that without armor, mana should fly up if you intend to keep leather regen so slow passivly. Ultra slow mana regain AND not being able to use armor cant keep up.

ALSO I think that mini-heal heals too much dmg. You can mini-heal through a fireball spam or a lghtng spam. Just some more thoughts of mine.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

Agreed. We dont need free regen mana with leather, just a bump faster for active at least.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'll look into making sure the AR effect to mana regen is correct

dirk smallwood

Post by dirk smallwood »

I'm just saying in t2a there were no pure mages, and the ones that were, got rocked by tank. Everyone i knew had a hally and precasted flamestrike. I dunno how it was for you guys

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

Ya, the medding through leather here seems ridiculously slow. Leather I remember was nice for the small AR it gave, and the slightly slower mana regen. It didn't totally stunt your mana regen so you're fighting for a gheal an entire fight.

alatar

Post by alatar »

protect = +11 armor w/ no med loss

DemonArkanis

Post by DemonArkanis »

the mini heal amount is fine, it's accurate. The only difference i see is the fact that holding a spell doesn't auto unequip you when you let go of it but instead fizzles out. As far as I remember you could hold a spell and release to have the helper program (razor) auto unequip you and launch instantly.

alatar

Post by alatar »

yea but with the true precast you didn't need a disarm macro, you didn't even need to disarm for the current spell