UOSA Staff Plan of Action

Topics related to Second Age
Sultan of Swing

UOSA Staff Plan of Action

Post by Sultan of Swing »

Dear UOSA Staff,

Could you please tell me what the UOSA plan of action is for the future of this game?

How do you see UOSA developing/changing in coming months/years?

Game seems to have been refined in terms of era accuracy. Apart from very occasional minor changes and reoccurring discussions regarding disputed items - this aspect of the game seems pretty much exhausted in terms of still being interesting. (No disrespect - great effort by all involved!)

Has UOSA reached a point where it requires little or no change and will just be played as is for as long as it exists.

Is it the aim that UOSA becomes fully reliant on players to inform gameplay.

No need for clarification of non events - plenty of other posts about this.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: UOSA Staff Plan of Action

Post by Blaise »

At a best guess, I'd say the plan of action is to keep the lights on and the curtains closed.

I see UOSA not developing at all, but purely refining function towards its ultimate goal of a mechanically accurate reproduction.

Considering the prior two years saw an equal number of patches (5) and literally zero since nearly one year ago, I'd say your third question has been answered by the evidence presently on display.

Not sure on the fourth comment, but I'd guess the T2AQ&A site that was released is pretty indicative of what I think you mean by that.

There will, or should, come a time when literally nothing else changes in game because they've gotten as close as humanly possible to building this epic recreation of a bygone era. This shard is a testament to the love of Ultima Online, the dedication of development to a stated goal and the willpower of the players to still find fun in the same sandbox they've played in for so long.

Long live UOSA!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

I spoke to Derrick a little while ago and asked him where the shard would be in 5 years and he said WE AINT GOIN' NOWHEEEEERE.

Long live UOSA!
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

UoSA!

Steeley Dan

Post by Steeley Dan »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:I spoke to Derrick a little while ago and asked him where the shard would be in 5 years and he said WE AINT GOIN' NOWHEEEEERE.

Long live UOSA!
That statement could be interpreted in several different ways. Does this mean the server is going nowhere? That's a bad thing.

The attachment and dedication to this era is admirable, but at the same time, it WILL grow stale for players. Which I think the OP was trying to say in a nice way. Yes, its cool to toss around terms like "era-accuracy" and "mechanical accuracy" repeatedly, but at some point one has to ask: Should we evolve, even just a little bit? Or do we just remain the same and pray people will keep enjoying that same sandwich, over and over again?

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I love a classic PBnJ. I just don't want to eat it every day.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Steeley Dan wrote: That statement could be interpreted in several different ways.
Interpret it as meaning the shard will be maintained long into the future.

UOSA! UOSA! UOSA!
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

a stagnant community is a tired and doomed community that said

UOSA UOSA UOSA
irc axejunkie

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

It's sad but true. I'm not bringing up server Events again, but you all know that would breathe some life back in the game. Secondly and more importantly it doesn't have to be tourneys or ctf etc we would just like to see staff do maybe a city invasion or some shit again. Some rp or pvm type deal would be cool too.
If not, then this game will always be where it is now, decent population, good rule set, and mediocre excitement.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

I've been playing here for two years still finding new ways to entertain myself, even in the quiet periods of my timezone during winter. Being able to make your own fun on your red when not much is happening helps.

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

The llama shop sells white wyrm's for 5k. 1.5 to 2 minutes in is just one way to create entertainment. Purple potting with a good group of people is always fun also.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

i know im new to the whole community and still in the excitment of learnin the era again

but i was talkin with some people and dont smash era accuracy down my throat i understand and all that but a small change say once a year like minor change to be voted on by public community could be anything from a blessed rune to a well anything once a year gm's come up with 4 options of slight minor things to be patched in then the community votes and etc

i also appreciate all the work im loving this shard and game again but slight changes can be made without ruining the whole plot of the server
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Sultan of Swing wrote:Dear UOSA Staff,

Could you please tell me what the UOSA plan of action is for the future of this game?

How do you see UOSA developing/changing in coming months/years?

..... still waiting on UOSA Staff to weigh in - everything else is just conjecture (I spoke to Derrick and blah blah... )

Where are the staff?

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

If I had to put a statement in:

Through conduct, it looks like the administration wants the server to be able to run itself with the community pulling some weight. New players can get the information they need from the q&a and the forums. I can go on, but basically Derrick handles the administrative stuff such as encouraging people to donate (look at the life bar), fixing bugs, and fixing any other problems that we have no control over such as a server crash.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

lol UOSA staff
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really