What happens to items on board when ships decay?

Topics related to Second Age
Bixby Legbone

What happens to items on board when ships decay?

Post by Bixby Legbone »

I asked this question awhile back on irc and no one seemed to know for sure. Someone even suggested that this is how the treasure from mibs is made!

Forget idoc homes... idoc ships are in!!

Note.. I couldn't tell what was on the open area of the ships beforehand, just the number of items in the holds. Once the ships decayed, that's when I knew what I was dealing with.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What happens to items on board when ships decay?

Post by Rammar »

Boat IDOCs are greatly under-appreciated. Same as houses, most boat loot is terrible, but there's at least a few out there with several mil on-deck that will likely just sink into the sea.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Rammar wrote:Boat IDOCs are greatly under-appreciated. Same as houses, most boat loot is terrible, but there's at least a few out there with several mil on-deck that will likely just sink into the sea.

Never got anything good from idoccin, because Im the slowest looter ever and I care more about the pvp usually.
However, the biggest score I ever had was in OSI, a boat decayed and I got a neon hair and beard dye from CUB, 2 CBDs, and best of all, blessed black sandals (no they didnt decay when I got there they were in a bag).

I had just came back to the game on a new account after getting banned, and the 8x8 trick just came out. I hopped on my boat, sailed the seven seas and after about 10 minutes of sailing I saw a fortune floating atop the sea. Needless to say, I was happy I came back after seeing that.
Last edited by Menkaure on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Menkaure wrote:
Rammar wrote:Boat IDOCs are greatly under-appreciated. Same as houses, most boat loot is terrible, but there's at least a few out there with several mil on-deck that will likely just sink into the sea.

Never got anything good from idoccin, because Im the slowest looter ever and I care more about the pvp usually.
However, the biggest score I ever had was in OSI, a boat decayed and I got a neon hair and beard dye from CUB, 2 CBDs, and best of all, blessed black sandals (no they didnt decay when I got there they were in a bag).

I had just came back to the game on a new account after getting banned, and the 8x8 trick just came out. I hopped on my boat, sailed the seven seas and after about 10 minutes of sailing I saw a fotunate floating atop the sea. Needless to say, I was happy I came back after seeing that.
Blessed items don't decay at a rapid rate. Only newbied items do that.

Boxcar Sean

Post by Boxcar Sean »

Yarrrr matey that be some fine booty!

DKS

Post by DKS »

Eo's mag bank boat decayed today and I watched it. The hull had 23 items at 400 stones. When the boat decayed all that was in the water was a dye tub?? Is this accurate?

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Did you...look...under...the dye tub? Maybe there was a pouch with 20 pairs of neon sandals and a stack of 376 bottles.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

DKS

Post by DKS »

Picked it all up within minutes...a few options that were on the ship and then the dye tub was the only thing where the hull was.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

DKS wrote:Eo's mag bank boat decayed today and I watched it. The hull had 23 items at 400 stones. When the boat decayed all that was in the water was a dye tub?? Is this accurate?
No idea if accurate or not, but I can confirm that's what happens. :/ Hold goes down with the ship.

Gork

Post by Gork »

When you going to let me pvp with that mask on ram ? :)

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Gork wrote:When you going to let me pvp with that mask on ram ? :)
If eggmona can get a mask, you can too! Try harder son!

Gork

Post by Gork »

:mrgreen: