Paladin Hirelings

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Paladin Hirelings

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Hirelind NPC's, like the new Paladin we got in delucia (There should be 2, but there is only 1 btw) do not teach the skills they are supposed to. They should teach tactics, swords and something else. Used to use them to GM a weapons skill. I also think that the hiring time is a little short. I hired one guy, walked from the tower to the bank and he quit when I got to the bank???

Derrick

Re: Paladin Hirelings

Post by Derrick »

Hirelings do not seem to be responding to any regular NPC key-phrases, I'll get this fixed.

They work on a daily wage, the day being a game day which is rather short. That does seem to be an awful short period of time though, will look into this also. Thanks.

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Also do they disappear after they are out of money? Seems like mine disappeared right out of my house!
AIM : Progn0sis

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

They sure do. I remember that I used to drop about 3000gp on them, and then they were good for a solid 24 hours of macroing.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Has anyone else had experiance with them not sticking around very long?

The training issue will be fixed for a multitude of NPC's tommorrow.

backdown00

Post by backdown00 »

Derrick wrote:Has anyone else had experiance with them not sticking around very long?

The training issue will be fixed for a multitude of NPC's tommorrow.
If I give 104 gold (one days work) to a paladin (in jhelom pits) I get close to an hours worth of training. sometimes, it only gets me 45 min.