Example of a 9 skilll build that works

Topics related to Second Age
son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Example of a 9 skilll build that works

Post by son »

Was the ZOG guy REALLY trolling? How about Josh Lee? How about Kabal?

if this guys aint trolling, hes probably also voting, and I bet in Florida folks.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Li Meiyang wrote:I think a good PVPer ought to focus on crafting skills. And carry a house deed on his person.

That way during combat, let's say your facing a macer and all your armor is getting damaged, just drop a small house in the vicinity, then quickly craft and place an anvil and forge to make your repairs or even craft a whole new set of GM plate right on the spot -rather than having to go recall back to another location to do it. Huge, huge timesaver.

And you put this on a lightning fast razor script, so it can all be done betwixt chugging pots, swinging a weapon, running, casting, whathaveyou...
I just want to add something here, cuz it's a classic rookie mistake. It's important to remember this house and its furnishings are constantly going to be constructed and deconstructed as it follows you in real-time throughout the field of battle. So when it comes to decor, remember that this is a balls-on down-and-dirty PVP technique, and therefore *not* a stay at the Ritz Carlton. Start thinking "rustic" instead. So in addition to your craftable fixtures (like the spinning wheel and loom you'll need to process wool from passing sheep during a fight and cut into bandages, saving you all the hassle of preparing them ahead of time) feel free to add some *modest* touches of home, like basic furnishings, hanging herbs, or other tasteful displays of assorted semi-rares... but steer clear of elaborate projects like aquariums and grand pianos, as they could prove distracting and eat into the clicks you need to perform combos on your opponents or otherwise ably defend yourself.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Li Meiyang wrote:
Li Meiyang wrote:I think a good PVPer ought to focus on crafting skills. And carry a house deed on his person.

That way during combat, let's say your facing a macer and all your armor is getting damaged, just drop a small house in the vicinity, then quickly craft and place an anvil and forge to make your repairs or even craft a whole new set of GM plate right on the spot -rather than having to go recall back to another location to do it. Huge, huge timesaver.

And you put this on a lightning fast razor script, so it can all be done betwixt chugging pots, swinging a weapon, running, casting, whathaveyou...
I just want to add something here, cuz it's a classic rookie mistake. It's important to remember this house and its furnishings are constantly going to be constructed and deconstructed as it follows you in real-time throughout the field of battle. So when it comes to decor, remember that this is a balls-on down-and-dirty PVP technique, and therefore *not* a stay at the Ritz Carlton. Start thinking "rustic" instead. So in addition to your craftable fixtures (like the spinning wheel and loom you'll need to process wool from passing sheep during a fight and cut into bandages, saving you all the hassle of preparing them ahead of time) feel free to add some *modest* touches of home, like basic furnishings, hanging herbs, or other tasteful displays of assorted semi-rares... but steer clear of elaborate projects like aquariums and grand pianos, as they could prove distracting and eat into the clicks you need to perform combos on your opponents or otherwise ably defend yourself.
A titch too far Mei - A+ on the first go round, but the additions subtracted from the LOL's in this case.

Was going to remove the 80 Wrestling and include Archery and Parry....... seems legit?

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

No that's actually the level everyone else is expected to elevate their humor to. I'm not toning anything down, quite the opposite.

I will accept nothing less than extreme hyperbolic sarcasm. That's the bar being set here. :mrgreen:

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Frank White wrote:Did you duel Still standing yet? stfu and duel him !!
I called him out and he told me to go to irc...
I am not playing that game. We were both on. I even told him pick the place.

Why you want to fight>?

*if you want to call names still sucking go to an Elementary school al la Sandy Hook to make up for all the bullying done to you as a wee lil brat. If you wanted to fight... you would have accepted then and there.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

trust me...you can cure against a poisoner with just lessers even if its DP.
So might as well have enough cures and be able to poison as well.

I have the same scheme in what I am doing, like I said I put examples out...to make you think.

Using a gater I will be doing this

Macing
Swords
Tactics
Anatomy 90
Healing
Poisoning
Resist 95
Alchemy 15

that is my resource warrior.... in my original post I said the focus was on 15 alchemy. At that level you can make all lesser pots and normal poison. This one will drain you of all your cures and refresh. If I need to gate I have PC 2. (the alternate above in the op is for recalling if you do not have that setup) If you dont know how to make a ton of pots in seconds I suggest looking up the page on building poisoning and alchemy put out by Matron. Against low dex, Armor, or medi-warriors with healing it doesn't matter...
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:trust me...you can cure against a poisoner with just lessers even if its DP.
So might as well have enough cures and be able to poison as well.

I have the same scheme in what I am doing, like I said I put examples out...to make you think.

Using a gater I will be doing this

Macing
Swords
Tactics
Anatomy 90
Healing
Poisoning
Resist 95
Alchemy 15

that is my resource warrior.... in my original post I said the focus was on 15 alchemy. At that level you can make all lesser pots and normal poison. This one will drain you of all your cures and refresh. If I need to gate I have PC 2. (the alternate above in the op is for recalling if you do not have that setup) If you dont know how to make a ton of pots in seconds I suggest looking up the page on building poisoning and alchemy put out by Matron. Against low dex, Armor, or medi-warriors with healing it doesn't matter...
Lesser cures work on DP what % of the time? Seems risky. If somebody DPs you, you're gonna lose a lot of HPs waiting to chug your next cure pot after one fails, or waiting for your bandage to do the job.

And why do you need two melee skills (swords AND maces)?

And how can you have any build, even a dexxer, without 30 magery? I've tried it and it SUCKS. You fail off recall scrolls, cannot bless yourself or teleport. Having another char gate isn't really a great solution, cuz that means you're tied to the gate area and also you have to switch screens to cast gate with the other char... both of which are really not good at all if you're trying to flee. :shock:

I mean if you're gonna go that route, you might as well make your gater a GM alchemist, macroing greater pots, popping in and handing them to you. :lol:

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Unless they patched it, lessers cure dp every time. Also, tele rings, strength and agility pots, or bless jewelry. I rarely cast on a dexer.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Archaic dont act like hazy was the one avoiding your fight. You kept asking for time to get your resist up and crap. If your gonna fight him do it, if not that's fine too but don't act like he's the one stalling.
And you never answered my question, if you think these builds work, why don't you record a fight and show everyone? You love to do the "theory" warrior, but again it doesn't mean anything if it actually won't work in battle.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Malaikat wrote:Unless they patched it, lessers cure dp every time. Also, tele rings, strength and agility pots, or bless jewelry. I rarely cast on a dexer.
Oh ok, I stand corrected on this point then. I'm also gonna stop wasting my gold on kegs of greater cure. (Why do you say "patched", is not era accurate?)

I cast bless sometimes, or agility if I don't have the pots on me, but usually I've got all the pots on me. Teleport comes in handy. The one thing you can't escape is recall, that's why I keep 30 magery on *any* build.

Even that being the case though I still dont' get it. In order to make all those pots he's gotta be carrying regs and bottles and mortars... so there's not much savings in weight. Still makes more sense to me just to recall back to your bank box to restock on pots. :?

But I'm gonna shut up now, cuz I was wrong about the cure pots, so who knows what else I'm not getting. Maybe Archaic is a UO prodigy at such a high level that people have yet to realize it. :shock:

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Oh, I'm not saying his build is good. It isn't. I was just giving you some pro tips. Don't disarm on a dexer unless you have to. 30 or even 50 magery is fine, but gm wrestle is a waste so spells are last option in the thick of things.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Menkaure wrote:You love to do the "theory" warrior, but again it doesn't mean anything if it actually won't work in battle.
Well I, for one, am joining team archaic and going purely Theoretical PVP. In "real" PVP, like in the game, it's pretty easy to get killed and lose all ur stuff. But in Theoretical Forum PVP I'll whoop all ya'lls asses six ways to Sunday and seven back again.

So come on, let's bring it... *RIGHT NOW*

POP! Oops, you're dead already. In under a second :lol:

What's that? All I can hear is "Ooooooooo".

NEXT.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Li Meiyang wrote:
Menkaure wrote:You love to do the "theory" warrior, but again it doesn't mean anything if it actually won't work in battle.
Well I, for one, am joining team archaic and going purely Theoretical PVP. In "real" PVP, like in the game, it's pretty easy to get killed and lose all ur stuff. But in Theoretical Forum PVP I'll whoop all ya'lls asses six ways to Sunday and seven back again.

So come on, let's bring it... *RIGHT NOW*

POP! Oops, you're dead already. In under a second :lol:

What's that? All I can hear is "Ooooooooo".

NEXT.
Drugs are bad.

I did however lol when you mentioned sticking with modest furnishings when placing a house in the middle of a pvp battle, whilst their opponent stands outside like 'wtf, get out here and fight'
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Crack!

Thwack!

Shazaam!!!

Sorry it took so long to kill you, I was simultaneously assembling an aquarium.

Did you say something about drugs? Hold up, I'll rez.